2008 Dodge Viper Supercharger

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase an 08Viper. I wanted to add a Cam and a blower as main performance mods, besides exhaust and headers of course. My question is how much power can i put down at the rear on the stock bottom end? Also what is the best supercharger kit for the Gen4 and how much boost can i run on the stock bottom end?

thanks guys.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in addition i dont think non-stock cams are available due to the adjustable nature of the cam phasing for the vvt on the exhaust side. i would imagine this would be very very expensive to develope. I also dont know if anyone has figured out a way to program the new venom engine controller

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For cam and S/C I think 06 and below is your only option at this time.

Go for the twin turbos on an 08/09 if you have the cash. :eater:

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ooohhhh noooo. Seriously. I really love that new Orange. How do the o8's sound with headers and exhaust?

Im trying to get it to sound as close to a gen2(none cream puff) as i can.
Where can i find sound clips off tt'd 08/09's?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think i have heard an 08 with headers yet but i dont like the sound at idle. driving next to one sounds good though.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ooohhhh noooo. Seriously. I really love that new Orange. How do the o8's sound with headers and exhaust?

Im trying to get it to sound as close to a gen2(none cream puff) as i can.
Where can i find sound clips off tt'd 08/09's?

You'll need to have a custom exhaust built so that the entire exhaust comes out the back like your Gen II. Gen II's have the best sounding exhaust, especially with the older cam, 1.7 roller rockers, headers and aftermarket mufflers. (My '99 ACR had all that).

My gen IV has the full belanger set up (and some friends use the corsa mufflers), you'd be very disapointed in a side by side comparison, no way to make a GEN III or IV sound as good as a Gen II unless you change the exit point.

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You'll need to have a custom exhaust built so that the entire exhaust comes out the back like your Gen II. Gen II's have the best sounding exhaust, especially with the older cam, 1.7 roller rockers, headers and aftermarket mufflers. (My '99 ACR had all that).

My gen IV has the full belanger set up (and some friends use the corsa mufflers), you'd be very disapointed in a side by side comparison, no way to make a GEN III or IV sound as good as a Gen II unless you change the exit point.

At least the Gen3 had a stock crossover that made it sound very good but wasn't loud enough. Only if the performance shop could do a aftermarket crossover. I'm sure probably run easily 5k for the set up because of how much bending it needs to do 3"

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think cars that went to certian countries in Europe had to have rear exit exhaust. I forgot the name of the Chrysler dedicated arm of the tuner Brabus but they did gen 3 with rear exit exhaust.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purchase an 05-06 viper, put an 08 hood on it and do Twin Turbo's.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea which wheels those are on that pic above?

I'd guess STARTECH wheels.

"The exciting look of the two-seater can be customized further with STARTECH Monostar V spoke wheels. These multi-piece light-alloy wheels are mounted in size 11Jx20 with 285/30 ZR 20 tires on the front axle. For optimal traction the rear is fitted with 345/25 ZR 20 high-performance tires mounted on 13.5Jx20 STARTECH wheels. The tires were custom-developed for the STARTECH- tuned Viper by Pirelli and are available exclusively from STARTECH. "

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in addition to being very good looking the Startech the wheels are VERY VERY heavy , and will disturb the handling of the car. They will also lighten you wallet quite a bit to at $10,000-12,000 for a set :omg: !!!!!!!!(without tires)

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's asking about S/C's. But yes, this is the way to go.
Is this the Anton who had the slammed white GTS? That thing was badass!

I have a 98 TT GTS w/TH400. I just traded it for an 05 TT Vert w/TH400. Getting painted lambo pearl white. I understand he's looking for a SC car, but to compare a SC to a turbo car is no comparision. Most Turbo builds are going to run 20k more than the SC builds, go with the 06 for the price savings and build a monster. All a SC car is going to do is give you enough to make you want more. Do the big upgrade once and save money :D

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 98 TT GTS w/TH400. I just traded it for an 05 TT Vert w/TH400. Getting painted lambo pearl white. I understand he's looking for a SC car, but to compare a SC to a turbo car is no comparision. Most Turbo builds are going to run 20k more than the SC builds, go with the 06 for the price savings and build a monster. All a SC car is going to do is give you enough to make you want more. Do the big upgrade once and save money :D

You are a solid TT guy. He's a guy who doesn't know the GenIV can't be internally modified or boosted. Let him have the SC'd GenIII already. You wanna kill him? :D

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UnderGround does TT Gen 4's, he could do that :D.

You do have a good point.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's asking about S/C's. But yes, this is the way to go.
Is this the Anton who had the slammed white GTS? That thing was badass!

ya thats me! parting the GTS out and gonna start my srt10Coupe project.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've had 1k at the rear and to tell you the truth the only other car that i will tt will be my murcie. 1k at full throttle on the street and even freeway is not all that fun. you need all wheel drive to really enjoy all that power and still be safe.

Nothing sounds and feels better then a supercharged v10. Listen to this......my car.....stock engine, headers, no cats, stock borla and heffener blower kit. Sounds killer!!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My build will be as follows: I will go with a gen3Coupe and install a wild cam, paxton blower and i will build a custom rear exit exhaust system to mimic the sound of my gen2 above. I will hide the rear pipes so you cant even tell they are there and leave the side pipes "looking" active! 650HP for the street is more then plenty for me to have fun with :)