2009 Atlantic Nationals

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my wife and i are going to be driving to the Atlantic region next year to visite my folks.Aparently July 9 to the 12 2009 is the time for the Atlantic Nationals held in Moncton New Brunswick.Apparently it is the largest Canadian outdoor car show.The 2008 event had around 1,811 cars and over 100,000 people who attended the event.So this is the HEADS UP POSt.The dates are above and the route will be straight acrossed Canada.With the proper amount of intrest i'm sure we will pick up both Canadian and American vipers along the way.More details will be available along the way.I am also looking to set up a show with the Saint John Police department maybe to raise money for the K9 unit which a friend of mine works for.He and his K9 partner are the top K9 team in the Maritimes and go to the states to "show off".Like i said more to come and for those interested My main destination is the Saint John New Brunswick location with the Moncton New Brunswick show a must.

Shane Crompton

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually Shane the Langley Car Show was billed as the largest in Canada. 2500 cars with over 250,000 people showing up.

Least organized show I've ever seen. Soo many people that there's no room for ropes, space for cars people or anything. Never seen anything as crowded. Didn't have enough room to fall down even.

I only went once. The burnout show was OK, until a 68 Hemi did a smoky burnout 5' from my car and sprayed it with molten rubber (ignorant people). I also got a scratch while parked in the show. Down a side street my Prostreet 440 Duster was parked between a restored 73 Elcamino and a 69 Vauxhall.

When I went to the VOI I travelled to the US and went crosscountry down there. Gas was as low as $3.65 while I'd paid $6.00us/gal in BC. I paid $49, $59, $69 and $79 per night for Best Westerns in the US, but Canada starts at $129+ this year. Huge savings in room tax there as well.

However you go, enjoy your trip. If you get too many tickets in Canada the majority of US speed limits is 75mph and we ran cross country until Illinois at 85mph. No one got a ticket.

Ted

Ted

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21