27 Years of Viper

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Got my first Viper 27 years ago, February 24, 1994. Lived in Northern Virginia and found one available at Raymond Dodge near Philly. It was gloomy winter day in between snow storms.

The dealer needed to get rid of it as he had a black '94 coming in. So "under sticker" added to the thrill.

When that red beauty hit the New Jersey Turnpike heading south people went absolutely nuts. Not many Vipers on the streets anywhere back then. This one was a late '93 ... no antenna.

It has been some ride … put 70K miles on that baby … the 40K on my 2002 GTS.

Would not take anything for the total experience … driving these cars, meeting super people and working with Team Viper! For a lifelong Mopar Guy, it can never be better.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Amen to that! I got mine in January of 2013 if I remember correctly. I've put around 85K on it since I got it and have done a track weekend with it once a year for the past several years and it's a blast. Looking forward to many many more miles down the road.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey George! Miss ya brother. Hope all is well down in Texas. Probably better than here in VA, but don't get me started. Here's a little reminiscence photo.

You must be registered for see images attach

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey George,
I don't get on here much anymore, but when I saw your post, I had to reply. 27 years is a long time, beats my 24 years. Hope all is well with you and yours. We now live in Florida (Sarasota area) so if you are ever in the area, look me up. Gus

OP
OP
George Farris

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
GUS!!!!! Great to hear from you!!! I do think of you. We are near Ft Worth ...

Always liked Sarasota .... Long Boat Key ....

Stay Well!!!!

Richard S

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was an early VCA member back in the late 90's. Then kids and work happened.. disappeared for about 18 years.. lol. I love hearing from the old timers. Bought my 1st, a brand new 98 GTS in early 1998.. then a 2nd one about 6 months later, a 96 RT/10. Blessed to have both Viper experiences for 23 years! Any year Viper will totally satisfy your need for speed. Want even more power, easy to do on a Viper.

The RT/10 is modified and brings out the "wind in your hair" crazy in me. If I ever get a reckless driving ticket, it will likely be in the RT/10.

The GTS has almost no miles on it.. kinda thinking it may end up being a significant part of my retirement funds someday.. but my son and son in law may think differently.. lol.

From 1st hand experience, I'll say this about reliability of the older Vipers: AWESOME.. one of the best kept Viper secrets.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper