30 Corvettes in 1 day give my Viper respect!

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was heading over to Calf Pasture Beach in Norwalk, CT when all of a sudden I saw this huge procession of 30 or so Corvette cars coming towards me.

One after the other, they either flashed their lights at me, waved at me, gave a thumbs up, beeped, or a combination of all the above. ahhhh, such respect given to a car they know in their hearts is a better car! ; )

Apparently, these Corvette owners were party of a Corvette club'ers trekking around on a beautiful sunny day (as was I)

Most were pretty cool, but some of the Corvette owners refused to look at me or acknowledge I was there. Typical...

Those that waved or acknowledged me, I acknowledged back. But I waited for them to make the first move. After all, just like men are supposed to open doors for women (out of respect), it is the Corvette's responsibility to show a proper sign of respect to the Viper first.

Conversely, if I pass by a Lamborghini, I should wave first, which actually I did - saw a yellow one just the other day. Saw a Prowler too, (which I obviously would not initiate a wave to), but it was parked, so the owner didn't have the opportunity to get to see and wave to a nicer vehicle. ; )

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my Viper for just over 2 weeks now and I wave to Corvettes and Porshes first. I have always gotten a wave back. There should be an edicut but...

When I had a Corvette- I could not even get a wave from most other Corvettes.

Funny though- Mustangs, BMW's, Corvettes, Porshe's, Camaro's,etc. Common place transportation.

since 1992- I have only seem a Viper 4 times while driving.

Now that I drive a Viper, those Cars are nothin special!

-Jeff t

Acatala7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
better car...slower car.....

Myself, I'm just an all around car enthusiast, i leave my ego at home.

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds about right: I think the Porsche owners are less apt to appreciate American muscle than a driver of a Corvette. The Vette owners seem to be more in-tune with nice cars (i.e. have knowledge of cars and their inner-workings) in general. Whether a classic Cadillac or a Hummer, I like the clean American rides (and the occasional Italian car). As for Porsche's costing more: unless the Porsche is a 911 cabriolet or the new turbo, the price difference is nominal and can tip either way.

I only initiate the wave if I see a classic ride where the driver has obviously invested a lot of elbow grease and pride. Porsches are so darn commonplace that my arm would get too tired; also, I still can't tell the difference between a 911 and Boxster from head-on (and I'll be damned if I'm gonna givce a thumbs up to a Boxster, let alone a 911)!

Ken Larsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it would be to much to ask for them to stop their cars, get out and bow down to us?
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

OP
OP
V

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
>>better car...slower car.....

>>Myself, I'm just an all around car enthusiast, i leave my ego at home.

Well, this is not to say I haven't tried initiating a wave to Porsches, Corvettes and other sport cars, but I gave up initiating due to my experiences.

It's just I usually get "snubbed" since they typically don't wave back. That's like you putting out your hand for your buddy to give you a high-5 and he doesn't slap your hand. You're left hanging, as you sheeplishly lower your hand! ouch!

Though, I must admit Corvette owners usually wave when I initiate, but I've been snubbed more often than not by Porshe owners! When they don't wave back it's like "Oh I see how it is. You think you're too good for me?" gimme a break!

I guess the fact that a Porsche owner paid almost twice what I did and doesn't get nearly the same stares or attention I do and I can match him performance-wise gives them an inferiority complex or something.

I'll admit, I still give my "fair" share of initiated waves to Corvettes, but until some Porsche owners stop being so "snobbish" I will wait for them to initiate the wave that acknowledges we're all car enthusiasts... Can't we all get along? ; )