315-30 X18 on the front?

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will they clear all the body-suspension parts on a Gen 4 if on a stock rim?

I had no issues on my lowered Gen 2 but curious if they will clear on a Gen 4.

Thanks,
Carl

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have them on the front of mine on a 12" rim. I put rack spacers in to prevent turning to tight and rubbing though. I think you will be fine with the stock 10" rim.

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I figured no problem as it wasn't on the gen 2 even with 11" wheels.

Carl

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them on the front of mine on a 12" rim. I put rack spacers in to prevent turning to tight and rubbing though. I think you will be fine with the stock 10" rim.

A 315 on a 10" rim........................why???????

Carl I believe you still need a couple of years of seat time until you put on big boy tires at the track :rolaugh:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Kumho 305's on 18's. 11" wide Forgelines in front.
Tire will rub at max turning points. For normal driving no problem, except that the car is ungodly "nervous" and sensitive for any grooves of wear on road.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Carl,

315 Hoosier R6s work pretty well up front on 11 inch rims. Watch the brake lines as it can be close at full lock. I played with some clamps and tape to avoid rubbing the brake lines and it worked OK.

FYI, the 11 x 18 Forgelines I had rubbed, the 11 x 18 SSR's did not. You will want some camber, say 2.5 or so negative up front.

Would not try running 12's up front as they can stick out quite a bit depending on the offset. One of our guys tried them on his new ACR and he could not lower the car to smooth track height without rubbing.

As for running 315's on 10 inch front rims, don't. You'd be better off with 295's. One of our guys tried this too and lost his left front tire at Willow after only a few sessions. Too much tire for the 10 inch rim, especially as hard as you will be pushing it.

Let me know when you'll be back at the track,

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten