532rwhp/558rwtq - Who's run a similar Gen II at the strip?

Irid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
532rwhp/558rwtq - Who\'s run a similar Gen II at the strip?

Just returned from the dyno for a tuning session (5PSI Roe, no cats) and made 532rwhp/558rwtq.

I don't make it to the drag strip (autocross a ton though) and was wondering if anyone with similar power numbers could pipe up with what they have run at the strip. Just wondering what ballpark this thing is in now...

:headbang:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 532rwhp/558rwtq - Who\'s run a similar Gen II at the strip?

It really depends on tires (drag radials?) track prep, and experience. I have similar power, but I'm running street tires and short shifting to prevent spinning.

My best time so far is 11.8@127MPH. Obviously the MPH shows that I could run in the 10s with better traction (and skill), but without a roll bar I'd get kicked off running under 11.5 anyway.

It's fun going to the dragstrip even if you don't get the stellar numbers that some of the more seasoned racers do with slick and skinnies.

One word of advice though is that with that level of power, if you get bad wheel hop immediately get off of the throttle, especially with drag radials, otherwise something is likely to break. :(

OP
OP
I

Irid

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Snakester what are your mods?

I run around on RA1 stickies on the street, and race on hoosiers, which hook first gear pretty dang well.

I'm just trying to ballpark the MPH more than anything else, just to see how it will fare against other cars...

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Snakester is right. It's all about the traction and track prep on the dragstrip. There is another thread going right now just above yours with a guy running 555hp and he was running 11.5@ 125mph. He is all motor where you're supercharged, but he has a video link also if you haven't already seen it.

Colin

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Those number sound about right from my experience. I've seen him run best times of 11.1-2 at 127-128 or so in my friends heads / cam car with about 550 rwhp and 580 rwtq. That's with a pretty good launch on slicks/skinnies on a good day with good driving.

Your times may vary, likely upwards.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've got pretty basic mods, 3.55 gears, high flow cats, Corsa cat back, smooth tubes, S&B filters, roller rockers, and a 100 shot of nitrous. :2tu:

You should see between 0.5 and 1 second better times with drag radials over the stock tires once you start adding power.