5pt Harness Installation Question

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Andy Levitt's Cookbook for 5pt Harness in hand, I'm ready to install my new Simpson belts this weekend. Does anyone know if and where I can purchase grommets or trim rings that would "dress up" the holes that the shoulder belts go through in the rear bulkhead. I'm not sure but there may be a MoPar part # since the ACR may use them. Any info would be appreciated.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've actually taken a look at the ACR cutouts... and they have no trim ring at all...just a nice razor clean cutout similar to the pics of Andy's work.

The only trim ring that would actually look authentic that I have seen, are the ones that most child safety seats use to allow the belts to smoothly slide from the back of the seat, but unfortunately, in all that I've seen (and with 3 kids I've seen quite a few) they all are narrower than your adult width harness...but the installation would literally be a snap (as they are all made to pop out so the upholstered cushion can be washed).

You might want to check out your local K-mart, etc and see if any of these trim rings are actually of a width that would accomodate, and I'm sure you'd be able to call the manufacturer and get 'em quick.

Good Luck! Let us know if you find any suitable.

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's what I did and it came out very nicely. It took me a while to find this material after several failures with other materials and other contact cements. I even tested this one by putting it in my green house in the sun for several hours to see if the cement would fail. I had several failures of other attempts to stick this material to the bulkhead material. One of the problems is that the outboard hole is halfway on the parting line of two panels. The inboard hole is easy and was no problem. If anyone is interested, I will post it.

You must be registered for see images

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Measure <u>three times</u>, decide how much clearance you need around the belt, use an X-acto knife or razor blade to cut the vinyl, peel it back and hog out the hole with a die grinder. If the hole's too small, you can always make it bigger. Pretty tough to go the other way.

Jon-Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I can vouch that Dean knows what he is talking about
You must be registered for see images
. He did a fantastic job on mine as well as 5 other Vipers on a recent Saturday!!!

(Thanks again, Dean)...