760rwhp 770rwtq roe blown xcreampuffx

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dynoed my 2001 YELLOW rt tues and got some pretty good numbers. 760.57rwhp and 770.4 rwtq in vegas. temperature was 105 degree's outside but 94.86 in the shop @ 2200ft.

mods are roe racing blower with a 2.5 inch pulley, elite intake system, 70mm tb's, heads flowing 296cfm, cam, gts-r timing chain, t&d 1.7, balanced blue printed motor w/carrillo rods, je pistons, billet main caps. b&b headers, corsa exhaust, ron davis radiator, weldon fuel pump w/dial a flow(can support 1600 hp).

talked to sean and he said that my car was the highest hp roe blower car. man i'm pretty happy with these results. i can't wait till my smaller pulley comes in to put down more power. the 2.5 inch pulley(10lb) is only giving me 8lb of boost so the next pulley should give me 10lbs to the motor.

i also should have a lot more power when i start tuning my water methanol injection system into the mix.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are some great numbers! I think the reaon you didn't get 10 lbs was due to you better flowing heads. Ask Sean about that to make sure. I'd be curious as to what you pull through the 1/4 mile.

OP
OP
F

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
96 rt/10 yes the heads are the reason. boost is measured off back pressure.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get that **** to the track.

Those are some awesome numbers. Congrats.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get that **** to the track.

Those are some awesome numbers. Congrats.

OOOO NOOOOO another fast Roe S/C Viper..... :shocked:

looks like Todd and Tony and myself got to keep a look out for this guy.... especially, Todd he is in his back yard.

Cudaman :usa:

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great numbers. But you gotta post the dyno sheet!

Questions:

What kind of fuel (asked above already)?

No water/**** on that run?

I would think you may have some belt wrap issues with a pulley smaller than the 2.5" one.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
...I would think you may have some belt wrap issues with a pulley smaller than the 2.5" one.

The smallest diameter we've produced is 2.3".
There's enough belt wrap to have no slip with that small of pulley as long as they're coated with the process we have done to them by a company in Indiana (done to all the pulleys we produce).

Trent's getting a 2.35" when they come back from coating (like someone else above is...).

Congratulations on the numbers and the dyno sheet looked great (fax). Glad to hear MBN's tune helped get you in the ballpark.

Regards,
Sean

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, any idea what accounts for the extra 30-40 hp on this setup compared to most of the other heads/cam cars with the same pulley? (Assuming race gas and more timing isn't the simple answer)

S

SUN RA KAT

Oh oh! Another Yellow Roe Supercharged Viper!

What cam are you running?

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice #'s

Just in time for the cooler weather. Maybe in 1 1/2 your should redyno your beast and maybe pull another 20hp with the cooler weather.

vd..

OP
OP
F

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am running 100 octane. i can fax someone the dyno sheet if they will post it for me.

that was with no water/methanol.

cudaman, todd is not coming to vegas anymore and owning my track. :D or else i'll have to put some laughing gas on.

ya, can't wait to put on the new pulley and dyno when it is cooler. hopefully 800rwhp.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm, can't you also change to a smaller crank pulley instead of going to such a small blower pulley? It'd speed everything else up too of course, you could reduce rpm on most of the accessories with larger pulleys to compensate. -If belt wrap is a concern, or if a 2.3" pulley just doesn't feel fast anymore... :eek: :rolleyes:

OP
OP
F

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fe 065 you mean bigger crank pulley. i already asked a few tuners and they recommended me not to do that.

OP
OP
F

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mopar i have the aem wideband installed in the car. have a new place to dyno with a new dynojet if you want to set up a viperclub dyno event.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You comin' to the next meeting? Let's discuss it there...

How much for the aem wideband? Are you using a laptop for data acq?