'94 engine indicator light

SSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\'94 engine indicator light

I own a '94 viper. After changing the faulty head gaskets the message center engine indicator light is on. The check engine light is not on. I have removed the battery cables & the light still comes on. Scanner shows no fault codes. Any information would be helpful. Thank You

JRB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: \'94 engine indicator light

Did you do the job yourself? I am about to attempt replacing my 94 head gaskets and would like to know how it went for you. Thanks, Jim

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Umm...turn the key on/off three times and leave in on position. Tally the engine light blips. There should be blips then a pause - the pause means that a second set of blips is coming up. One blip then a noticeable pause then two blips would mean a 12. Three blips then a pause and four blips would be a code 34. Got it? That will give you the answer. Chrysler codes are listed all over the internet.

I just did my head gaskets with not a problem. Went smooth as silk. Are all of the conections tight? Is the engine running fine? Injectors pushed in? Check the obvious.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Has anyone ever written up specific instructions (step by step) on how to change the head gaskets? I have a dad and an uncle who are VERY mechanically inclined but they work on old cars, they both own 69 Roadrunners.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did the whole job without the manual. Had a small problem with o-ring placement in the fuel line that comes apart near the bellhousing. Other than that it is no different than pulling the heads on any Mopar V-8 regardless of year. Get pops over your house and have him do some wrenching...he'll need some Advils each day but he'll be ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc