94 RT/10 for sale $40,000

cp2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi club members. This is Charleston Princeton II, the teacher from Milwaukee. My Fiance' and I found out we are expecting TWINS this January. I need to sell my Viper by September 1st to close on the house we want.
1994 RT/10 $40,000 Black with Silver Stripes
Engine awesome condition Mobile 1 synthetic every 4000 miles.
Never raced!
New...
Rotors, Calipers, Pads on all four wheels.
Front tires Dunlop 9000's
K&N Filters
B&M Short Throw Shifter
Interior Snake skin seats, Viper logo on head rests, all new custom painted dash and counsil pieces. All installed this past April.
Momo steering wheel
Rear quarter panal repainted. April as well.
All accessories included,including old shifter and steering wheel. And a spare pair of new brake pads.
Borla exhaust
New 3.07 rear differental. I bought the Viper with a 3.43 RD, but wanted to slow it down on the low end. This was my vacation car. We'd FED EX our luggage.
Never in any accident or comp claim.
Please any serious questions, and inquiries please responed to [email protected]
I will send you pictures. I dont know how to attach them to this post.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, Your car is priced WAY too high.

If I were looking for a 94, I wouldn't even waste my time on one that started out $10k or 25% higher than the car would actually sell for.

It must be high miles for the brakes to have been completely replaced.

It must have been hit if a quarter panel has been repainted.

WAY too high for a well used 94. There's a guy on another thread with pictures of a very nice red with silver newer RT for under $35k

Why are you on here trying to rip people? $40k indeed.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do have a 94 but it's not for sale.
All my comments on that overpriced 94 were simply my reaction to someone who would make their first ever post on this board an attempt to sell an ordinary 94RT for 25% more than it is worth.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, what a deal! Only $40,000 for a 94? Get real buddy, you need to find out what the car is really worth and then try to sell it. I am thinking maybe more like $30,000.

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charleston Princeton II,
I hope you don't teach schpelling.

My unsolicited advice: List the miles, reasons why
panels were repainted and start at $31k

DN

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. If someone pays $40K for it then it was worth $40K to someone. Unless your going to buy the car, then all you have is an opinion on the price, and we all know what an opinion is worth these days :)

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, you guys are tough. Almost everyone has an over valued opinion of thier cars value. When no one calls or people start to giggle, he will adjust the price accordingly or keep it. I too hope he gets 40, heck I hope he gets more. I'd like to sell mine for 50!

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. If someone pays $40K for it then it was worth $40K to someone. Unless your going to buy the car, then all you have is an opinion on the price, and we all know what an opinion is worth these days :)

Well said Red....
Has anyone ever watched Barrett Jackson???

Cheers,

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How did i know that Joe.. Viper devaluator extroardinaire would be the first to jump on this thread? :laugh:
More power to him if he gets 40k for the car. I do think it is in poor taste to make your first post being an advertisment for your vehicle however. I have heard of several people who have pulled 40k+ in the last year for genI's. I don't think this board though is the place where that will happen. I think a lot of you need to put down the torches and pitchforks and just take a deep breath. :2tu:

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remember missing that 94 red last fall on ebay.It sold to a guy in New Zealand for 37.6.Had 700 miles on it.

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck, but I sold a car 6 weeks ago with 16K on it and the car looked brand new. It went for $27K. $40K is way too high. Understand that most people are looking to spend and be treated fairly. If you really want to sell the car make it a reasonable deal for both the seller and the buyer.

My .02.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck, but I sold a car 6 weeks ago with 16K on it and the car looked brand new. It went for $27K. $40K is way too high. Understand that most people are looking to spend and be treated fairly. If you really want to sell the car make it a reasonable deal for both the seller and the buyer.

My .02.

Dude, you gave that one away. 16K on the clock should had brought $35K. One of the members here sold his 94 with 26K on the clock for $40K, and that same car just sold again with 29K for $40,500. You must be patient.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charleston Princeton II,
I hope you don't teach schpelling.

My unsolicited advice: List the miles, reasons why
panels were repainted and start at $31k

DN

One interesting thing I've found is that when someone has poor spelling, no matter how profound what they're saying is, it is never taken seriously.

OP
OP
C

cp2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ignorance must be bliss. First; the rear quarters were repainted to match. The clear coat around gas door began to bubble. Second, I just spent $9,000 on the new interior. Snake skins on doors, seats, booties, and embroidering. New Momo steering wheel. All dash pieces and center were custom painted to bring the stripes through the car. $4,000 dollars on sound equipment. I am the second owner of this car and when I sell a used car I replace every braking component there is to replace because I'm not going to let someone crash and burn due to my wear and tear. As far as the miles are concerned I bought the car with 27,858 miles on September 1st 2002. The car has now 60,000 miles. My fiance and I have driven to Vegas twice, Dallas twice, Daytona twice, Mertyl Beach once, and Chicago 50 times all round trip. Our trips started 30 miles north of Milwaukee. We traveled all summer in 2003. We would Fed ex our luggage to the next hotel or resort we were staying at. This car has been a dream come true. Also I only speak when I have something really to say instead of running my mouth when it is not appropriate. I have read almost every post and reply on this web site. Another note; I was a mathematics teacher, not english. I admit to not spelling well, but no need for you to point it out and be so rude. Wholesale on my car is $31,598 if it were stock. With all the accessories, upgrades, and repairs I've done a buyer at $40,000 would feel he or she is getting more than their money's worth. All this car needs is a garage, gas and a new driver.
If you want pictures e-mail me. I dont know how to post them here.
Thank you to those who showed optimism. :2tu:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care what you've put in it, a 60,000 mile 94 Viper is NOT worth $40k!!! I hope you find a sucker to buy it! Keep that resale high! For me to pay $40k for it, you'd have to "ship me your luggage" full of hundred dollar bills!

NY VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You should list it on Ebay with a $40,000 reserve and see what your price is. You will get a pretty good idea of what people will pay for it. However with 60,000 miles it should come with removable hardtop, an extended warranty and free shipping to get close to your desired price. And...It would be a good idea to learn how how to post a picture. Good luck with the twins! :2tu:

OP
OP
C

cp2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you NY Viper. It does have removable hard top and the soft top and all parts that go with both. How about all of you go to www.autotrader.com and look only at 94 vipers and see if I am really out of line. Some of you must not be business people because if you were would know that when selling an item of value you can only ask for your highest price once. Second I am open for a good offer. Obviously! I stated that I have to sell by Sept 1.
I'm looking in to how to post pictures. Thanks to 96 rt/10

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes ignorance is bliss when you don't put more information in the original thread. Regardless of that, even with all of the upgrades you have done it still doesn't diminish that fact that the car has 60,000 miles on the ticker. You could put $20,000 worth of accessories on it and still not get that much for it. Most people looking to buy a Viper want one with less miles on it. I know that I personally would overlook yours for a lower mileage one....MUCH lower. Good luck if you do sell it though, I kinda hope you get that much for it. Makes mine worth more when I buy a newer one.

MR VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've said it before and I will say it again (yes, I'm yelling), EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT. Fools are born every day......maybe he will fine one. God knows that they exist. Leave him alone, and wish him the best. :shocked:

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a Dealers stand point.....When you modify a car from it's stock condition always consider that to be done for "YOUR ENJOYMENT" You may get a little extra for the additional items on the car, maybe 1/3 of what they cost you if that. I hope you get every penny you ask for the car (Keep the resale up). I sold my 94 with 28k on it last year for $40k and the guy I sold it to put another 20k on the ticker to equal 48k and sold it a few weeks ago for $40500.00. So it is posible to get your number. By the way who is Snake Skins? and can you email me a picture of your custom interior. [email protected] Here is a picture of my 94 that brought big re-sale numbers.
190Chads_Viper_side_view_top_on.jpg

190Chads_Viper_with_top_on.jpg

190Chads_Viper_top_off_side_view.jpg

190finished_interior_2.jpg

You may also check other places to sell you car as you can see we have a tough crowd here. Don't let them run you off it is really a fun place to hang out.
Chad
Snake Hydes

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
This board is OUR own worst enemy when it comes to Viper pricing. Sure hope that all of the naysayers and pricing experts never have to sell their Viper.

The Viper tax on parts, accessories, upgrades also NEVER is reflected in the price when you go to sell your Viper. The $9K that this guy spent on an awesome interior seems to be worth nothing. We all want a bone stock Viper and want to pay nothing for it, but then catch the "Mod Fever" and end up spending twice what we would have paid had we paid a little extra for that Viper that had the mods. Note to anyone adding ANY mod to their Viper - it's only going to be worth 10 cents on the dollar when you go to sell.

Do I think it's right that this guys first post is to sell his Viper - No. Is his price a little high with the miles on it - maybe - but as a Viper OWNER I hope prices stabilize.

Remember, THERE ARE NO MORE ORIGINAL VIPERS BEING BUILT!

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hehe... I love these threads. Same story everytime... someone tries to sell, Joe says they overpriced the car, and then others justify a price somewhere in the middle.

I think you'll be able to get more than these guys think... September is a ways off, and you have the best car selling season in front of you.

I posted my 2000 RT10 on here, and a lot of people said it was worth mid 40's. I set the price at $50k, and got it within a few weeks. So, don't worry too much... if I were you, I'd drive the snot out of your car until the day you sell (it's already got 60k miles on it).

I like your quote... "You can only set the high price once." I'm going to use it if you don't mind :)

OP
OP
C

cp2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to www.autotrader.com Make: Dodge Model: Viper Year 1994 Price: Any
Miles: Any Distance
Oh! Holy Cow!
Look at all the stock vipers over $40,000
Plus when buying a used car always buy one over 60,000 miles and you know all of the repairs and maintence have been done. These engines are built for 120,000+ miles as long as regular maintence is done. This is a car that is meant to be driven and enjoyed. My car was raised in Texas by the original owner and I have driven it only betweeen the months of May and October in Wisconsin. Excluding vacation travel of course.

To those screaming "high miles" tell me exactly whats wrong with my car for having 60,122 miles on it. I would really like to know.

As far as my posts are concerned, who really cares. I paid my dues to Viper Club. I attend the monthly meetings and events. I have read almost every post in every catagory this sites offers. Just because I didn't feel the need to be a **** to other members I should be penalized for it. I can go write 434 posts and say absolutely nothing, but post math equations and linear graphs of combustion ratios if that will appease those who feel my first post is so offensive that I am reaching out to the Viper community for a little support.

I'm trying to sell the greatest adventure I have ever had. My relationship with this car lasted longer than my first marriage. I have loved this car for two years. Do you really think this is easy for me. However my new family is now the most important thing in my life and for the rest of my life.

Of all groups of people in this country I considered the Viper Club to be of the highest caliber, educated, and life loving group of people. Imagine my disappointment after reading todays posts. I hope I dont meet you individuals at VOI8 who had the nerve to write to me the way you did. :(
What did I do wrong to deserve this treatment?

:D To those who gave good advice and showed me I left out some info, Thank you.
I will post my car on EBay and see what happens.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960