95 VIPER RT/10 WITH 91,000 MILES FOR SALE....

RED 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I HAVE A 95 BLACK VIPER FOR SALE. WHAT DO YOU THINK THE CAR IS WORTH WITH THAT MANY MILES ON IT. IT HAS SOFT TOP AND WINDOWS BRAND NEW TIRES, LOOKS GOOD EXCEPT FOR A FEW SCRATCHS ON THE THE NOSE, MAKE ME A OFFER,

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is going to be a tough sale unless you find someone who wants a Viper so bad with not much money. Most people who can afford $25-$30K will be able to afford high $30's or low 40's for a sweet under 10K miles Viper...

Personally, if you get $25,000, I'd consider you lucky...

Reaction score
You get any bids? If not check your e-mail. I'm interested!! This is just want I've been looking for. I do not care about the miles on the car. Cash talks right?? Any mods on the car?

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be moving this to the classifieds soon, but before I do I'll put in my price suggestion.

Mid 20's, around 25K. But even that may be a tough sell at that milage. As mentioned above, most that can afford 25K can go to 35K and there are a lot of good low milage cars out there in the mid 30's (if you are patient) with most low Milage RT's still in the upper 30's, lower to mid 40's at retail....

The tough part is, if all the person can afford is 25K, when they get it, if it breaks, they are stuck.... so a high milage car typicaly not a good plan for that type of buyer. More often than not, these are the buyers for repaired wrecks, or wrecks to be repaired as they have money.

A '94 red was sold through the classifieds a few weeks back, perfect in every way, with 39,000 miles for 29K. It sold in three hours! (happy buyer, happy seller
You must be registered for see images
)I'd guess he left 2K on the table.

my 0.02 cents worth

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will have to agree with most of the replies. 91k is a bunch and well if you can spend 25k to 30k I'm sure you can muster up more to get something with a lot less miles. That's exactly what I did. My story is directly related to this car.I saw this car this Feb.in Middleton,In at a bank that was taking bids on it. They claimed it was a repo. I placed a bid (25k) they told me that wouldn't be enough and well lets say I'm glad it didn't. I didn't budge on my bid and I patiently looked and found a 96RT (I obviously paid more) but with low mileage nothing beats the sense of security (dependability and resale value)I get from a car I'M not afraid to drive. That car needed a good friend. No disrespect but good luck I hope you didn't pay too much for it.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oops, sorry, my mistake on the milage. I just remembered it was high. The "bluebook" milage adjustment for Vipers may be a bit decieving as the market tends to be a lot harder on Vipers with high miles (this may not be fair,and I don't agree with it, but its just the way it is). I'm thinking that this is driven by the fact that there are so many low milage Vipers available...... something definitly not the norm in most makes/models

Most (less than three that I can even remember) of the higher milage cars that have went through the classifieds have been sold in the lower 30's. I recall one last spring that belonged the one of the EBT folks, maybe Michael can remember, but I recall it had like 36K miles, he started asking mid/high 30's and ended up selling in the low/mid 30's. Keep in mind that not very many high milage cars are sold, so the number of them to use as a basis is relatively low.

As this Generation of Vipers winds down prices have actually begun to go up a tick. This year prices are stronger for the earlier cars than last year for sure.

We have had several people to volunteer to pull together an actual database of sale prices, it would be neat to do if it could be done in a way that acurately represented the data.

right now we have the following in the classifieds:

'92 with 8k miles @ $39K
'93 with 12.5 k miles @ $41.5K
'93 with 64 K miles @ $35K
'93 with 15 K miles marked sold @ $35.5K
'93 with 17 K miles @ $40K

(when a person can choose between a car with 64K miles and one with 15K miles for only 500 more asking price, the higher milage car had some tough competition)

The list goes on:

'93 RT/10, 17k , custom wheels., exhaust, short shifter, 3.73 gears, cd changer, Autoform wing, excellent condition best offer over $38k takes it. All original parts included. Bill -- 917-822-7280, Call located on Long Island NY. or E-mail: [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
people won't buy high mileage Vipers!I tried to sell my GTS year or so ago with 45,000 miles no joy! Too many garage queen
no driving guys out there! Strange when you can get complete NEW crate engine with all new accesories for about 12,000!

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you Wayne. If I could get a high mileage '94 for low to mid 20's, I'd buy a new crate engine for $12K and be in the mid to high 30's with a brand new engine.

I paid around $37 for mine last spring but it only had 5,000 mile on it and was stored and treated like a queen for it's whole life...well until I got it anyway!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They buy for mid 20's, and put in a crate motor (and harness) when/if needed is an interesting point......

On GTS Milage: In general GTS's will have a more milage than RT's because they are a little more "civilized?", and can be locked when they arrive at a destination..... like work
You must be registered for see images
As such they are more likely to be driven like a normal car, or accumulate highway miles being driven to an event. Based on what I have seen, on average, a GTS will see as much as twice the miles/year than a similar age RT/10. The big plus (in the buyers mind) many GTS's have over early RT's is they are often still in warranty. Good clean '96 GTS's still have a very broad price range from upper 40's to upper 50's

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed,

but asking and what ppl ACTUALLY get are two totally different scenarios (sp?). I buy and sell for a living and attracting ppl to your car is #1 PRIORITY. Price it at what you would ACCEPT and keep it there or bump it down another $ 500 bucks or 1,500 bucks and bamn, you'll move your cars all day long.. But of course.. that's if you really want to sell it....

Gerald

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather