'96 GTS B/W - what's it worth.

harley56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what I should ask for it. Back in 2000, with approximately 1500 miles on it, the hood was replaced due to damage - it is a clean title. Repairs were done right and cannot be told from new. Car is stock, has 2900 miles on it and is in showroom condition. Thanks everybody!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
55K easy with those miles. I'd ask for more than that. You can not find an unmolested Blue and White with those miles anywhere, it's very rare and worth holding out for your price. Never mind what the crap on Ebay is going for, those cars always have stories. Less than 55K and your giving it away. I just recently bought a 97 and I know what QUALITY well cared for low mileage ones are going for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will buy it for $45K, but $55K sounds about right. With that mileage it should be worth more down the road, I have no idea how someone can only drive a Viper 300 miles a year:nono: :D That is will power and restraint

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And probably a measure of stupidity.:laugh: Thanks for the comments guys.

:lmao: You could always drive it now, you know "make sure it functions properly"...If I had the money and space I would pay $60K if it were mint...but I don't:(

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kind of a tough market right now, but I agree with the 50-55k figure

if your selling, ask more. you can always come down as the calls come in

Kevin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you sell it for a penny less than $55K, then you're desperate...

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what I should ask for it. Back in 2000, with approximately 1500 miles on it, the hood was replaced due to damage - it is a clean title. Repairs were done right and cannot be told from new. Car is stock, has 2900 miles on it and is in showroom condition. Thanks everybody!

What kind of damage? Hood only an nothing else would be pretty rare.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not trying to cause problems here, but I believe the estimates are a little on the high side from some. I would say in the 50k range. Your low miles help you out for some buyers, but the new 600hp car is out and it is going to drive prices down regardless. Even if you like Gen II, like me.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not trying to cause problems here, but I believe the estimates are a little on the high side from some. I would say in the 50k range. Your low miles help you out for some buyers, but the new 600hp car is out and it is going to drive prices down regardless. Even if you like Gen II, like me.

My personal taste says, If had the coice between a 08 or a 96 B/W...it would be the 96 GTs all day long. Plus with the extra money, new brakes, more power.

But I would be dumb enough to take a 96 GTS B/W over a Veyron...er obvoisly I would take the Veyron sell it the same day, couldn't afford the insurance:lmao:

OP
OP
H

harley56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple of things. The left sill was replaced along with the hood. Could have fixed the hood, but didn't want that. I'm thinking $55K would be a wonderful number and at the high end of my expectations. Probably ask that and work from there. Would possibly keep it if I find out the market is only $50K, and that would be OK too. :D I know they are only worth, what somebody's willing to pay! Thanks for the responses!!!

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not trying to argue (just interjecting another angle) The new car has absolutely no relavance to the price of a mint, low mileage GenII to someone looking at it from a collectable standpoint. That would be like saying the 70&up camaro effects the 67-69:confused:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Apples and Oranges.
If you are looking to own a basically new example of THE classic GTS of all time, well here you go. What more could you want if that is what you are collecting? And they go for mid 50K easily.

Although if he keeps changing his posts and adding the "additional" work that was done on it I would reserve the right to revise that downward...;)

OP
OP
H

harley56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apples and Oranges.

Although if he keeps changing his posts and adding the "additional" work that was done on it I would reserve the right to revise that downward...;)

No, thankfully that's it, door, fascia, everything else fine. I kind of figured the hood might be a big deal buster to some.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the hood was painted like the factory did, using the same brand of paint (Akzo Nobel / Sikkens) and the stripes were applied using the same method ASC did, how would anyone know, assuming there isn't a CarFax record of the repair?

If it's "noticeably" a replacement hood, I get it.

Last edited: