96 GTS Blue/White Stripe Stats

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry that I never published these before, but as of May 2009, here are the stats that I have regarding 96 GTS'

Salvage 49
Lemon's 8
Involved in Accidents 101

One interesting note is that I found that 96's that were wrecked once had a high tendency to be involved in more then one accident.

If you do have or had a 96 GTS, it would be nice if you post the last four digits of your VIN as I might have some historical information on your viper in my database. Mine is #1064.

Chris

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My last four are 0765
I know I am the 5th owner from the carfax and some other recall info that was done but not much more...

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

Mine is #0820.

I have sent you my VIN # in the past but let me know if you need any other info. Please let me know if you have any info on mine. Thanks.

OP
OP
R

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sniper1 - I have the Seepforsale.com website saved when it was for sale back in May 2009. I can send it to you via email with the pictures that I have if you like.
AzMotorGod - No information except what you have already provided. Sorry!
myviper- You bought it in Aug 2006 and had it for sale this past August.

Also, If anyone wants an update verson of my 96GTS document, please just pm me your email address. I have a few more things to add this week, but can send it to you sometime next week.

Chris

OP
OP
R

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1996 GTS ROE Supercharged, 10.20s 1/4 mi, 60' 1.49.....#0220 :drive: :headbang: :2tu:

I have the Ringgold website saved for when it was for sale back in June 2009.

If anyone wants to provide or receive info on their 96 GTS and does not want it published, just PM me instead. I totally understand.

Chris

OP
OP
R

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sniper1 - I have the Seepforsale.com website saved when it was for sale back in May 2009. I can send it to you via email with the pictures that I have if you like.

Ummm, I pick this #0765 up in June 08' not May 09' and not sure what seepforsale.com is. Please send me what you have to [email protected] thanx...

Sorry, the May 2009 is when it was saved in my database so that of course may not be when it was for sale. Sending the items to you via email!

Chris

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't some have engine overheating problems, I think the ports in the blocks for coolant flow were restricted ?? Warping head gaskets ?? Seems like something like that ...my $.02

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought this data collection was to tell us some interesting stat on 96 cars, not something we know about our cars.

OP
OP
R

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought this data collection was to tell us some interesting stat on 96 cars, not something we know about our cars.

After you sells yours, the next owner will be interstead. I have what I have in my database. On some cars, I have details going back to 96. Others I do not. I hope others will appreciate the information that I provide more then you. I have provided many 96 owners information including my 96 GTS reference guide that has been much appreicated.

Last edited:

MADMAX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many thanks for the PM Chris.
Especially love the hits-and-tips section.
Look forward to staying touch. :2tu:

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
After you sells yours, the next owner will be interstead. I have what I have in my database. On some cars, I have details going back to 96. Others I do not. I hope others will appreciate the information that I provide more then you. I have provided many 96 owners information including my 96 GTS reference guide that has been much appreicated.

Didn't mean to offend you buddy. Was thinking you were gathering information like how many 96's are still on the road, etc;

Either way, good job.

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You already have my numbers - I just wanted to post a couple pictures of the car 'cause it's freakin' awesome!!!

:tz:

Last edited:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to own 0168..might be time for another one

:2tu:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wifes 96 GTS is #908, she sold it and bought a SLK 350 Mercedes. It was a nice Viper and only had about 13,000 mi on it when she sold it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32