'96 GTS for Sale

Gheijos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'96 GTS for Sale - Looks like a good deal!

For those looking for a blue/white GTS...here's one that seems to be a good deal:

[url/]http://www.foxvalleymotorcarsinventory.com/inventory_detailed.php?id=5679&nhs=10&make=&model=&ext_color=&stockno=&eyear=2008&syear=1950&eprice=&sprice=&keywords=&location=&type=&specials=&rtd=&mileage=&ob=mk&desc=&d_trim=&d_year=1996&d_make=DODGE&d_model=VIPER+GTS[/url]

Sorry if this is a repost

Last edited:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called and talked to the poeple this morn. Can anyone look @ the car for me????

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It appears from looking at the odometer, that the car is almost at 21k miles.

Is there anyone in the Chicago area that can go take a look at it?

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, make sure you have a good eye take a look at this one. Looks like the front end has possibly been painted. They just emailed me pics.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone jumped the gun and bought it sight unseen. Hope it works out for them.

FYI, the front has 100% been repainted on this car.

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I could have gone to check it out, but is it sold already?

That place is right by SVS.

Maybe they bought it?

Cody, Is it bad to have the front fascia painted? I thought some of the guys painted the front fascia and the sills from time to time. I have read ads where they repaint the fascia every year. I know Im not going to use a bra on my GTS, Ill just repaint the fascia when it gets bad?????

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm also interested in those pictures Cody. Thanks a lot.

Lake Murray Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it bad to have the front fascia painted?

It is not necassarily bad that the front fascia has been repainted it just means you should pay careful attention to make sure it was repainted due to rock chips and scrapes and not because of front end damage. Also, if the fascia was removed by someone who is not familiar with assembly of Vipers there could be alignment issues that make the gap between the hood and front fascia look bad.

Happy hunting:)

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone jumped the gun and bought it sight unseen. Hope it works out for them.

FYI, the front has 100% been repainted on this car.

Hey CODY, they just called me and asked if I was still interesred in the car? It isn't sold. I told them I was gonna have someone go and look @ it. If someone can please let me know.

Matt

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can definitely tell it was repainted as CODY said. Don't bother MTGTS.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are two things wrong in this picture......

96_Viper_GTS_007.jpg

There are other little issues, but I don't want to hold anyone else to my standards of buying vipers. I must say this again. If you want to buy this car, please have someone who knows vipers look at it. Make sure the repair work has been done correctly and the recall work is right.

BTW, No... I do not think front fascias and side sills should be repainted every year. Most of my vipers have more than 20,000 miles and never had to paint a fascia. My FE I bought new just turned 20K and should be easy easy to go another 50,000 without needing to be painted.

My 92 has 69,000 and has never been painted.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can definitely tell it was repainted as CODY said. Don't bother MTGTS.
That's fine. I would just like to see the pics so I know what to look for on future Vipers I look @.

and those 2 things would be.....?

Last edited:

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say that a 20k mile car is going to definitely have rock chips....a perfect repainted fascia in my opinion is almost necessary with that type of mileage.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK.... this could be a good car or not. Please have someone take a look at it that knows vipers before you buy it.

Here's the two easy give aways that the front has been painted.... When they repinted the front they painted the stripes on the bottom lip (they painted to far down). And they also left the 3M clear vinyl that goes on the very outsides of the fascia off.

I cannot see from the pictures if the side sills have been repaired, but again please do your homework.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car is up on Autotrader now too. They seem to have not posted any front shots. Intentional?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine