97 GTS cranks strong, no start

Wayne64SS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 97 gts will not start. Had it running fine Tuesday, went to take it out Friday and get the following:

Turn key to on, no fuel pump, check engine light, batt light, and upshuft light blink in unison along with the a/c clutch relay asd relay and both fan relays. I can hear them cycling in unison with those lights blinking on and off. Cannot communicate with pcm during this behavior. If I yank the #15 large fuse for pcm/asd this behavior stops but I still cannot start the car. I've ruled out the alarm and I'm leaning towards pcm at this point. Does anyone have a spare pcm I can use to test and purchase after confirmation? Hell even if u don't want to sell it id still very much appreciate the ability to loan it from you. Of course I will handle all shipping involved.

Anyone else seen anything like this before?

Before anyone asks I put a new battery in it yesterday.

Thanks in advance,
Wayne

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so do u have a ses light on when turning key on or not? u got me confused on what is and what aint

OP
OP
W

Wayne64SS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the check light, batt light and upshift light all blink on and off in unison with a bunch of relays under the hood cycling on and off.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never heard of that combination of maladies before. If it was a horse, I'd shoot it. (j/k)

Lots of Viper problems can be linked to a bad ground connection someplace.

OP
OP
W

Wayne64SS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just FYI for everyone the PCM was the problem.

Huge thanks to GTSDean on here for selling me one and being so easy to deal with.

Also huge thanks to Chuck Tator and Mike from MVP Auto for lending an ear and their time. Great dude!!

glenng

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are still monitoring his post, I have a similar problem with my 97 gts and posted a question yesterday in the forum. Can you advise what is the PCM, don't have immeidate access to my manual. thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NachoViper