A couple great rolling shots of my Viper by the River this weekend while cruising ---

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they came out great. This is on the "River Road" in Alton, IL .

I was on a car cruise with about 35 other cars at the time.

River side of the road:

You must be registered for see images attach

Bluff side of the road:

* 2001 GTS

Thanks for looking :) ---

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: A couple great rolling shots of my Viper by the River this weekend while cruising

Awesome rolling shots, that's a great road for cruising!

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: A couple great rolling shots of my Viper by the River this weekend while cruising

I especially like the first one with the blue sky :) Post some pics of the other cars as well....any other Vipers participate?

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I lived in Alton for 10 years before moving to Tx. Been on that road tons of times on the old Panhead I used to ride!! Beautiful pics. I'm going to be up there in my GTS from the 1st to the 5th of May. ( My granddaughter's birthday) Give me a shout on my cell---940-393-6674, and maybe we can meet somewhere for beers. :drive: Art

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice rolling shots

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is your windshield tinted?

19's and 20's?

Car looks awesome!

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sweet shots. you should get those made into posters. Beautiful car.

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

AJ sounds good!!!

Yes, the windshield is tinted ... and they are 20"/20" HRE's

I plan on purchasing the high quality pics and making a poster out of one for sure :) .

The SCORCH TT Viper was there, he had to head home before the rolling shot pics were taken though :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYjWij0L3DQ&feature=youtu.be

---

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great shots...

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice action pics! Camera and settings info?

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Still shots please! Must see those rims!

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Im not sure on the camera and settings ... I doubt he will tell me if I ask but I will try.

Here is a couple still shots :) Thanks again! ---

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

AJ sounds good!!!

Yes, the windshield is tinted ... and they are 20"/20" HRE's

I plan on purchasing the high quality pics and making a poster out of one for sure :) .

The SCORCH TT Viper was there, he had to head home before the rolling shot pics were taken though :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYjWij0L3DQ&feature=youtu.be

---

Been down that road several times, did that corvette beat you?

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice action pics! Camera and settings info?

On bright days like this, in a chase car, you'll likely be shooting at 1/125s or perhaps in the 1/60s in order to get the blur in the wheels and road at highway speeds. Getting the car sharp, assuming the chase car and photographed car are traveling at the same speed, is not difficult. Most likely the photographer (if it were me) shot this in burst mode (continuous fire/sequential/etc) and will select the sharpest of the shots.

So to answer the question.... I'd set the camera to Shutter priority mode (denoted by the "S" in most camera setting wheels/selectors), ISO 100 or 200 should be fine, and let the camera to figure out the aperture. Set the camera to 1/125s as a starting point, go to it...

Also, the shooter used a polarizing filter. These are usually referred to as Circular Polarizers or CP's. You can tell by the variation in the blue sky. Notice the sky seems "deeper" or more blue on the left corner than on the right. The CP cuts a great deal of glare, reflections from the glass, etc... also deepens colors. Adds contrast to colors. In the first shot it is more apparent, the red in the car is deeper than in the second shot. That comes from the relative position of the sun to the camera and car. If you remember the photographer when he was shooting, you would see what looks like tinted glass or sunglasses on the camera lens. That's the CP.

Hope this helps... if I went too deep into the explanation, my apologies... don't really know if I am going too deep as I don't know how comfortable you, and others, are with the cameras....

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here is a vid of the first group of slower cars out of the bunch leaving the first meet spot where that pic above with the caves was taken.

I am about 1:35 in , I didn't realize it was being taped so I took off slow and then got on it. It looks like I disappear after the silver SUV drives by the camera LOL.

It was fun to be at an event that actually ENCOURAGED people taking off quickly. Nice change of pace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfUHEhzQdqA

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pretty cool.... what is the group? Open car club? Just a general "come cruise" call? Organized event?

Pretty good mix of cars!

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It was a Facebook "invited" event for people interested in "spirited driving", and a BBQ. STL Speed

It was my first time attending, I wasn't really sure what to expect. It was a good time though ---

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That vetted is pretty fast

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

On bright days like this, in a chase car, you'll likely be shooting at 1/125s or perhaps in the 1/60s in order to get the blur in the wheels and road at highway speeds. Getting the car sharp, assuming the chase car and photographed car are traveling at the same speed, is not difficult. Most likely the photographer (if it were me) shot this in burst mode (continuous fire/sequential/etc) and will select the sharpest of the shots.

So to answer the question.... I'd set the camera to Shutter priority mode (denoted by the "S" in most camera setting wheels/selectors), ISO 100 or 200 should be fine, and let the camera to figure out the aperture. Set the camera to 1/125s as a starting point, go to it...

Also, the shooter used a polarizing filter. These are usually referred to as Circular Polarizers or CP's. You can tell by the variation in the blue sky. Notice the sky seems "deeper" or more blue on the left corner than on the right. The CP cuts a great deal of glare, reflections from the glass, etc... also deepens colors. Adds contrast to colors. In the first shot it is more apparent, the red in the car is deeper than in the second shot. That comes from the relative position of the sun to the camera and car. If you remember the photographer when he was shooting, you would see what looks like tinted glass or sunglasses on the camera lens. That's the CP.

Hope this helps... if I went too deep into the explanation, my apologies... don't really know if I am going too deep as I don't know how comfortable you, and others, are with the cameras....

Perfect level of info and explanation, just right for those of us with our first DSLR from CostCo. Thanks for posting!

Rich

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Car looks great. What did you lower it with? Springs and/ or caps?

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It just has eibach springs on it , thanks :) ---

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That Vette must have had some good amount of mods. I couldn't hear a Turbo of SC. Maybe built motor on spray?

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He told me it is a fully built engine ... forged bottom end , heads , cam, intake manifold ... no spray or boost.

c6 z06 ; Putting down around 650rwhp ---

StoleIt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had to double check my dates, the cruise is on the 21st! You scared me I might have missed it.

Great shots though!

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What cruise are you talking about? Are you local to me? ---

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang