A dealership that is calling it Dodge SRT Viper...

viper vince

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the car they want crazy $ for it ! They are going to have that car for a long time!

Hemotoxic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair, when you click on View Window Sticker, the cyber-sticker says "Dodge SRT Viper," although the paper sticker on the car itself doesn't.

For 30k over, I suppose they can call it whatever they want.

Ev1E9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps they're attempting to make back their $25K investment for SRT certification.

Tomball Dodge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's interesting how ordering cars Chrysler is still living in the past with regards to ordering our cars. We still pull everything up based on Dodge , maybe they are using that as a search engine word for the folks who are still searching for a Dodge. We have around 28 cars in stock and I am selling them but maybe just maybe I should say Dodge SRT Viper GTS. That's a mouthful .....Anything over MSRP they are smoking a tall pipe

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Says Dodge on my Registration and its a Dodge according to my insurance company on my 2013 LE .... SRT hasnt been defined ( or wasnt when I bought in April) as a seperat Model/Brand in many situations. If Chrylser can't get it right within their own corporate group..how do you expect the dealers and outside entities like the DMV , insurance , etc. to get it right..

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a Dodge. This whole SRT nonsense confuses enthusiasts and consumers, and most important future owners.

Could not be said any better. SRT brand IS NOT a separate brand or entity. This was all hype to generate buzz. If this was the case you would not be going to a DODGE dealer for service, have window stickers that say Dodge or have to search Dodge on many websites (including dealer sites) to search the car.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who Cares...All that SRT stuff is non sense(Spin). All my Vipers have been Dodges and I am good with that.. SRT should be more concerned about addressing the many issues with the Gen.5 and their greedy(most/not all) dealers than the SRT spin....

Raisin Man

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Could not be said any better. SRT brand IS NOT a separate brand or entity. This was all hype to generate buzz. If this was the case you would not be going to a DODGE dealer for service, have window stickers that say Dodge or have to search Dodge on many websites (including dealer sites) to search the car.

Roger that. For the record, a lot more brand equity in "Dodge" than in Fiat! Probably a long wait before we'll see Marchione peddling Fiats in Asia.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG the sky is falling they still call it a Dodge what a complete failure of a car don't buy the SRT Viper!!!!

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Classic Dodge Muscle Cars
1960–1973 Dodge Polara
1962–1965 Dodge Dart 426 Hemi
1965–1970 Dodge Coronet 426 Hemi
1966–1974 Dodge Charger
1968–1971 Dodge Coronet Super Bee
1968–1976 Dodge Dart GT, GTS, ******* & Demon
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona
1970–1974 Dodge Challenger

Yeah, I'm proud it's a Dodge! :)

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a Dodge. This whole SRT nonsense confuses enthusiasts and consumers, and most important future owners.

Exactly. I've had a problem with nomenclature from the outset, it seems like poor branding to try to call SRT a car "make" (a) when it isn't a separate "make" (seen any SRT/Hyundai dealerships out there?) and (b) when the term gets used in the car model name as well (e.g., Viper SRT). Then they went and messed with the GTS nomenclature as well, all coupes had been GTS models, but now only the more expensive ones are, seems like a lot of unnecessary confusion was created with all this name realignment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper