A #!%^&! drives me off the road

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your mishap. I don't think there is much you can do now, no witnesses. You better take the car in to get it checked out it may need more than just a rim. In that case you can file an accident with your insurance company, I don't think I would file a claim for just the rim though.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is getting to the point that your are on edge to even take a sunday drive!!! i mentioned on the board last week while out in the sticks a guy shot me the finger for no reason...
why are people so darn jealous?

something has to give!!!

Bill i am impressed that you keep your cool!! i would have followed butthead into the station and pressed charges of reckless endangerment ( or any other charge i could think of)
not a lawyer but play on on tv LOL!!!

But serious i would have lost it on the guy!!! maybe crashed back into him before letting him run me off the road!!

i am starting to really hate some of the drivers!!!

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now there's a group of cops you wouldn't mind reading about some whacko going berzerk and ....never mind. i'll kick it down a notch....they're the kind of cops that are probably gonna go home to wives that were having affairs while their lame asses were busy not doing their jobs correctly. hang in there bill. like they say in the ole country....." be strong like bull "

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill ,It's just boiling your viper brothers blood to hear this,i'm sure you'll get a wheel.Hey my friend has a 94.When a hitch came loose from a truck he ran over and didn't think much of the damage other than the rim at the inside.I told him to hit up the insurance.They called John B @ parts rack and he replaced over 10g in parts cost.There might be a few new scratches(paint) from rocks flying ,undercar repairs ect.Only way to keep a smile on your face is turn this - to +.Good Luck!

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eng12:
Turns out I am in the town of Douglas MA there are 3 officers on duty all 3 show up and of course surround me <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
MA ***** in that respect. I was pulled over yesterday on the pike by a cop who had been following me.. and told to slow down.. The time when he hit the lights both of us were doing 40 in a 65...
frown.gif

I am tired of all the people wanting to race.. and cutting in infront of you. The next SUV that cuts infront of me without using an indicator is getting rammed... I am just sick of these guys.

And the next one that tailgates.. is going to get me standing on the brakes...

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WARNIN: The statement below is dangerous and illegal...don't hold me responsible ;)

Just carry a hand full of BB's in your car, in a little pouch. When people tail gate you on the highway, start fliping one out of the roof of your viper (RT/10) or window one at a time and let them smack the drivers glass. Usualy puts a nice chip in the windshield. Keep doing them one by one untill they start backing off trying to figure out whats hitting the car. If your really pissed, empty the whole bag at once, followed by coke cans or anything else you can find (just not a tire iron... i've seen the effects of that one). A real kicker is to have a few paintballs in the car too...a hanfull of those will brighten someones car and darken their day at the same time. Yeah.. it's dangerous, but sometimes you have to deal with people. Thats a trick I learned from bikers who get tail gated at 75 on the highway...
smile.gif

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
So it's ok if YOU try to run THEM off the road?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope it isnt okay... but I dont want to be tailgated.. and be able to only see the bumper... it is disquieting..

dmora

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MadMaxx:
WARNIN: The statement below is dangerous and illegal...don't hold me responsible ;)

Just carry a hand full of BB's in your car, in a little pouch. When people tail gate you on the highway, start fliping one out of the roof of your viper (RT/10) or window one at a time and let them smack the drivers glass. Usualy puts a nice chip in the windshield. Keep doing them one by one untill they start backing off trying to figure out whats hitting the car. If your really pissed, empty the whole bag at once, followed by coke cans or anything else you can find (just not a tire iron... i've seen the effects of that one). A real kicker is to have a few paintballs in the car too...a hanfull of those will brighten someones car and darken their day at the same time. Yeah.. it's dangerous, but sometimes you have to deal with people. Thats a trick I learned from bikers who get tail gated at 75 on the highway...
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that why they call you Mad Maxx? ;)
Yea, a concealed handgun is not a bright idea either, brandishing a firearm is crime as well. You can only use a firearm in self defence as well.
Guns dont solve problems people. Although i do think a concealed hand gun can save you in that 1 in a million situation. Almost got into one of those the other day.

I'm surprised none of those backwoods hillbilly pigs gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MadMaxx:
A real kicker is to have a few paintballs in the car too...a hanfull of those will brighten someones car
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love it!! I've never been that premeditated about 'arming' myself in the car, but I once grabbed in frustration a handfull of kid debris from the floorboards of my wife's Excursion and pitched it over the roof at some AH who was 6" off my bumper in the slow lane. It was a handfull of old McDonalds fries, wrappers and ***A KETCHUP PACK*** Man that ketchup pack did a number on his windshield ... kablooey!! Red stuff everywhere - he probably thought I threw the family guinea pig at him.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you ever get pulled over and you have a CW permit, you have to give it to the office along with your DL and say you have a weapon in the car. No biggie. Of course, you don't need a permit to have a gun in the car. If it sits on your glove box or in plain view, it's perfectly legal as long at it is a registered firearm.

Paintballs can be a holy terror to remove from a vehicles paint ;) The air moving around the car at high speeds acts like a super-dryer and the paint sticks within seconds it seems. Just make sure you have a good escape route... people are nuts.

I got the nickname of madmax (1x) because I had several ****** cars...ugly as sin, but with 500 ponies on tap. I didn't care what it looked like, but you could eat off my motor. 406 small block and 8-71 blower were all to common around my house
smile.gif
I was given a volvo 850 turbo sport when they came out and I handed it back to my folks in favor of a 76 trans-am with a nitrous sniffing 455
smile.gif
Added the other X on later because I liked the MTV series "The Maxx".

What can I say... i'm a HP ******. It was always interesting to go to school and have nothing but BMW's and crap in the parking lot (private shcool) and here I come with this godaweful thunderchicken.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mad Maxx, I like the way you think. But I don't think I would ever really do what you suggest. Great ideas though. What I would really like to do is have my car setup like James Bond. Oil slicks, smoke screens, maybe 50 cal machine guns, and a license plate that switches between different plates. Yeah,that's the ticket. Then I could have George from MGW make me up some cool switches for them. Hey, this way I could make use of that cool eject button cigarette lighter I got from him. I love those James Bond gadgets.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I have also fell to resorting to my lower instincts. I have also felt the rage that comes when one is wrongfully offended. I am no saint, and dont wear my Christianity on my shirtsleeve. I am a human man just like you, and feel the very same things.

BUT- There is a way to minimize, NOT ELIMINATE, just minimize your chances at altercations. Drive with the thoughts and feelings of others in mind. When you own a fast, flashy, outrageous car like the Viper, others feel slighted by your success. They feel like you are the "boss man", and they the hapless groundlings. They feel you are arrogant, (and we are, aren't we?), and when you pass them in your regular car they feel nothing, but when you pass them in your Viper, well, now thats a different story! Now its personal. So you see, be aware of the psychology of the a**holes, oops, I mean general public, and you can minimize, NOT ELIMINATE, their negative reactions by driving courteously.
Ten to one that minivan had gotten passed somewhere back on the road. Whether passed with vengence and spite, is a matter of the other guys' perception. To fail to understand this is to continue in willful ignorance. Be cool, fool!

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
speaking of paintballs and vipers
while doug flutie was in buffalo his teammates
paint balled his viper!! idiots!!!
watch us lose all season with johnson!!
anyhow.. it is said that you have to resort to childish tactics
because you own a nice car or car a hand gun...
tony the mod told a story about the nut trying to run him over it was unreal!!!!

what are we to do...?
keep in mind one thing .... if a **** drives you into a tree or shoots out your rear window, etc, etc,etc your done...
frown.gif
is it worth it??? i tell you since all the stories i keep my eyes open to everything around me because you never know the next nut!!
just ask tony!!!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dmora,
your teachings in here are useless. Go have someone do something to your car and then preach okay.

My blood boils just hearing what happened to your car. I am pissed right now! I would have just pulled over after I got the a-holes plate and reported it as a hit and run. Man that *****!!

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thing you didnt get pulled into the Tractor beam that those accident magnets minivans have.

Sorry to hear about the misshap.

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mini-van driver knew and now you have learn (the hard way) the police see the first complaint as the truthful complaint. If you had gotten through on the cell the experience would have been complete different.
You had time to claim yourself down and you politely let the mini-van driver talk to the cops first, didn't you.
Sometimes it pays to be a raving manic.

robntguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the same stuff in the Z ... with a tailgater ... I end up wasting a tiny bit of time, I just let the car coast down a bit - without hitting the brake lights or anything (brake checks are dangerous, be very careful
biggrin.gif
) ... that usually gets their attention, and they pass me in their minivans, sedans and pick-ups - allowing me to maintain normal speed ...

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

That really *****. First of all, you should register an official complaint with the department because of the treatment, and their refusal to deal with the situation, and refusal to tell you who the cops were.

Second, file an official hit and run report. You have the guys plate. Call them to followup on how their "investigation" is going.

Third, contact the guys insurance company and file a claim. If you have full insurance, let your company go after his.

At the very LEAST, you will get his info (home address) from all of this. Then, if you get no satisfaction, feel free to do as you like
smile.gif

As for those talking about "brake checks", hey, if a squirrel runs out in front of my car, I am going to SLAM on the brakes. Same with a kid or a dog. *I* am NOT going to be subjected to harm because some idiot can't stay several carlenghts back. NOBODY should be following so closely that they can't respond in time. Especially a car like a Viper that is going to stop from 60 a hell of a lot faster than a loaded minivan is.

Tailgating is illegal and reckless. Afy, do what I do... drop it into about 3rd gear at 70mph, and let the car slow itself down. They will get an "oh-$hit" check and hit the brakes. Do this once or twice and they will get the point. Or, if they are really tailgating, just slow down.

Of course, if you are failing to keep right on a highway, and they are tailgating, get out of their way, as you are instigating the problem, IMO.

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:

hey, if a squirrel runs out in front of my car, I am going to SLAM on the brakes. Same with a kid or a dog.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah Brunton, what happened to you man? You learn the secret handshake of the VCA politicos and suddenly you go soft???? Squirrels are vermin with furry tails. The only good gopher, errrr squirrel, is a dead squirrel. I'll give Rover the benefit of the doubt and try to avoid him, but Chip and Dale are going down, my friend.

Besides, hear tell from our Texas buds that them thar squirrels make good eatin'. As long as the .223 doesn't vaporize the meat, a little squirrel stew is good vittels! YEE HAW!!!!!!

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Of course, you don't need a permit to have a gun in the car. If it sits on your glove box or in plain view, it's perfectly legal as long at it is a registered firearm."

NOT ALWAYS TRUE. Actually in most states there is no registration of firearms at all. Federally after a permit is issued all record of it's application and issuance must be distroyed. In NC it is illegal to have a firearm (loaded or not) within the drivers reach - It must be locked in a separate compartment unless you have a CCW permit. However, In SC the reverse is true. It is illegal to have a firearm NOT in plain view.

It is the inconsistency in state law that convinced my wife and I to obtain CCW or Concealed Carry permits. No more worries travelling to and from the range.

Additionally, "Brandishing a weapon" is not illegal in NC. Threatening someone with a weapon is a whole other matter.

The old rule of don't show it unless you are in the process of using it is very appropriate. Any police officer or military trained person will tell you the same...

The best weapon for use against idiot drivers is a cell phone. Remember that in law enforcement the complaintant is considered the victim until proven otherwise. Meaning, if someone is taking out road rage on you call the cops before they do. I rearended a vehicle (in my new 740i sport) and because of quick action - and witnesses, his insurance paid for all of my repairs. He was not even charged with road rage, but paid in points!

All this being said, check your state and local laws regarding transportation of firearms, if you carry have a permit, if you own a weapon practice with it at a range or other designated area.

I doubt "I read that it was okay on the internet" will work roadside.

Jeff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte