A Great Rookie Year

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, here it is, my Rookie year video. For any Illinois members who have not participated in the performance driving events, I hope this will motivate you to give it a try. The officers do an awesome job putting the events together.

So here it is! Forgive the mediocrity. I've really never done this before. All suggestions are appreciated.

Video of rookie year - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good one! Thanks for sharing. That´s what we need during the winter time.
CU in Detroit - perhaps. :)

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob, I think I found the next generation that will carry a long tradition of killer videos... you!

Great video, great year!

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Robert,
Nice video. Im a VCA member, but have been apprehensive about going to any of the get togethers since I dont know anyone. Seeing this video, along with spring coming really makes me want to get out there....

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
dun4791, Alot of great people here. I will be bringing one of my friends from work who has owned vipers for years and currently has 94 and 99. He has never wanted to get involved for the same reasons as you along with one of the viper tuners telling him not to go, but that's another story. I've finally talked him into it though. If at all possible try and make the April 2 meeting. I'm sure there will others who are new also. I owned my viper for 8 years before I even knew about the club! I wish I'd known sooner.

OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dun4791,

It took me less than five minutes at my first event before a member walked up to me and introduced himself. He then spent the rest of the day making sure to teach me everything I needed to know about the event, how to be safe with my car and literally walked me around member to member introducing me. Alex, the club president, then personally sat with me on most of my runs, teaching me step by step how to drive me car.

The best type of event to "try things out" is an autocross. The first one is in May. All you need to have is a helmet and an ability to avoid rubber cones. If you can manage that, you're golden. If you see a slightly bright yellow rt, make sure you come up and say hi. I would be more than happy to extend the same warm welcome that I recieved from the very beginning and I am reminded of each and every event.

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im gonna try to make it to the meeting in April as well. It will be my first as a VCA member. Ive been to a few, but that was only to talk to Bill S. about setting up a get together with my other car club.

OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im gonna try to make it to the meeting in April as well. It will be my first as a VCA member. Ive been to a few, but that was only to talk to Bill S. about setting up a get together with my other car club.

What other car club? I see your another south sider.

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ChicagolandSRTClub.com

We did an autocross with the ILVCA plus the NASCAR parade lap twice with them. :2tu:

It started off as an SRT4 club, (since that was all that was available at the time we started, well there was the SRT10.....)now we have a few SRT8 Jeepsect in the club. Most of our founding members have moved on to other cars, but we still keep the club running strong. Alex has suggested maybe getting the two clubs together in the summer for events, so that should be awesome!

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dun4791,

It took me less than five minutes at my first event before a member walked up to me and introduced himself. He then spent the rest of the day making sure to teach me everything I needed to know about the event, how to be safe with my car and literally walked me around member to member introducing me. Alex, the club president, then personally sat with me on most of my runs, teaching me step by step how to drive me car.

The best type of event to "try things out" is an autocross. The first one is in May. All you need to have is a helmet and an ability to avoid rubber cones. If you can manage that, you're golden. If you see a slightly bright yellow rt, make sure you come up and say hi. I would be more than happy to extend the same warm welcome that I recieved from the very beginning and I am reminded of each and every event.

I would like to attend the Rt 41 event in June. The drag and autocross. I dont have the equipment for the road couse, but those two events should get me started. Are you going to the event in Maywood?

OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on atteding all of the events this year. I would have been to all last year except for a fire destroying my law office the night before the last event. You should come to the Maywood event. It was a ton of fun last year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21