A Perfect Tuesday Night

mtmclaughlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was off today and I don't work again until tomorrow night, so I decided to take the Viper out for a drive to the Hunt Valley Mall. For those of you who have never been there (probably almost all of you), it's just a big, open, airy town center (they spell it all British--Towne Centre...) shopping center thing. More importantly, the roads that lead there from the North and the South are all amazing driving roads--this is why I picked the mall. But there's a Wegmans, a coffee place that used to be Caribou Coffee but isn't anymore, and a bunch of classy shops. I stopped at the Panera Bread and bought some kind of fizzy water because they were still open at 9:00 at night. I was bored so I sat outside the Panera Bread at a table next to my car and drank the fizzy water beverage.

It was 81 degrees, bone dry, and crystal clear. So I bought gas and went for a drive through the wooded area away from the mall. Even the time at the gas station was fun... 23 MPG and I wasn't even trying! :) I was listening to my Filter cassette tape ("Take a Picture" is a great song). The speakers are old and crusty and sound bad, but I don't care.

I took her out and put her away dirty. I will wash her this weekend. Or tomorrow.

Other than just a nice drive with perfect weather, there was nothing particularly interesting about any of it. I got some practice removing and reinstalling the top which is always nice.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all you are missing in the story is a super ********* next to you and giving you some road love. Oh well you are probably married like me with kids and thats not happening anytime soon. :lmao:

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In almost any other car, that would all be a stupid waste of time.

That's the thing about Vipers. They seem to transcend any stupidity.
You have it, and go enjoy the experience. Even if it's just loafing around and kicking back.

Even though this wasn't a track day, tire smoking, triple digit driving, scaring old ladies and children, or picking up hot girls,
It's better than just letting the car sit in the garage.

:2tu:

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post and comments guys and my sentiments exactly!

MT.- Great mental image of your night as I could picture it in my head exactly. That evening would not have been as perfect had you not been in a roadster/ vert. Sometimes I wish my GTS would turn in to a Copperhead or Snakeskin vert.

Dennis- Word. (From a fellow Viper owner and happily married guy.)

Allen- Stupid is okay as long as you look good doing it.:drive:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456