A trailer built for a Viper -- finally!

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by STOUT 1:
Bad byte: Did they tell you that a 20 ft electric tilt would work? That's the one I just got (2003 model). It better work is all I can say. I guess I'll find out this weekend. What are they doing to help you and what are your options?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stout 1
The engineers at H&H told me only a 24' would have a low enough angle to load without scraping and I would likely need to place a board in front of it to do that. I can live with attaching a small board on the back end and flipping it over to provide enough clearance, I'm just not wanting to lug ramps around.

I have looked at the various year model Vipers and my old 94 seems to have a much lower approach angle than say a 97. The 20' you ordered is a nice size and I think you will have enough room on the back end to actually attach short ramps should you need to but I don't really know for sure.

The folks at H&H didn't want to talk to me much. That was very disappointing to me. I had to persue them to even get an answer as to why and which trailer would work for my situation. No one EVER called me back not even when they said they were going to.

I have been working on resolution with Intech Equipment, the place I purchased the trailer, in Phoenix. In short they told me 12 weeks for delivery. I find that difficult to believe but I have waited over three months and so far nothing. I have called them twice and they are acting like H&H and NOT returning calls either.

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got me worried, so I went out and measured the tilt angle of my trailer. According to my '94 service manual, the approach angle should not exceed 15 degrees. I got 11 on my trailer. The road is not perfectly level, in front of my house. I got a flat reading of 3 degrees and 14 degrees at full tilt. Should have a net of 11 degrees, right?

LPE 383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just curious why the Sloans quick loader is not consider a trailer built for a Viper. The Sloans literature has a yellow quick loader with a yellow Viper on it. My 2001 GTS loads easily on the Sloans, and the doors open without removing the trailer fenders.

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Dan...I have a Sloan 20' and it loads my Viper(without a hitch)even with my Autoform front fascia and splitter.
A great trailer for Vipers
smile.gif

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I talked to one of the guys at H&H and they are going to contact the dealer in Arizona. Curtis and Craig Hull are at SEMA,but the reason for the new trailer is because it was so hard to find one that was extraordinarily low. Craig called me from the airport in answer to an email I sent and said he recommends their 24 footer for cars with low clearances. I brought up their new trailer as the Sloan Kwik Load has a pretty good reputation,but alot of guys have trouble barely scraping with them also. I believe both trailers have this issue based on pavement/ground surface and angle.Curtis developed the new super low angle trailer,as he sells to alot of exotic buyers and hot rod buyers and there is a market for a super low angle trailer. Hopefully the other issues can be resolved,and I hope this info is useful to all?

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would anyone here have the # for sloan trailers? Do you know anyone that might be trying to sell theirs?

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: alumrollback

<font color="red"> </font> Stainless Steel Roll-Back with No Ramps &amp; Slants to a 5 degree angle, March, 2003
Just found out it is being built &amp; I should have the first pics soon!!! If you are seriously interested in one, e-mauil me at [email protected]
Go to my personal web page to see the Aluminum ones. Address is below.

Do you have anything useful to say other than advertising your business in EVERY post you make????? Site sponsorship / advertising is available.