ACR Lowered Ride Height for street

wum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For guys with ACRs, do you have an opinion on how much you can lower the ACR from the stock height and still be able to reasonably drive on the street? It looks like to remove much of the wheel gap, you'd need to lower the car by 2" which would seem to only leave 3-4" of clearance from the ground. I'm not sure that I'd want to drive a car on the street when it's that low. TIA.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my KWs at a soft setting and have not lowered the car.....I am not into lowered cars and even at stock height the splitter is quite low. I would measure it for you but my car is currently getting professionally detailed and new xpel.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn......looked at the wrong forum thread.......I was commenting on my Gen 4 ACR.......sorry.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lower it too much and you will be eating the inner fender liners alive, and they are mega expensive to replace . Call Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse Dodge/ WoodhouseMotorsports Division , 1-800-889-1893, cell 402-677-2935 , or [email protected] .

We have set up a ton of ACRs ( new and prior Gens) so he can give you the correct info.

MPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP, I got about 3.5" of ground clearance with the front splitter on. You just have to plan your trips and park very carefully. Try to avoid speed bump and going on curbs.

Renegade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what options are out there in regard to air lift front suspensions, much like the Aventador, Huracan and other exotics have. Would be nice to 'lift' the nose a bit by toggling a switch inside the car for speed bumps, steep driveways, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave