Added Protection...

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no way that any thieves are going to get the keys to my viper (2001 RT/10) when they break into my house. But I'd like to have a little more sense of security when I go on a vacation.

What is an easy thing to disconnect to make sure that my viper can't get started or can't run. I let my neighbors know when I'm going to be out of town...and believe me, if it gets started, they will hear it and call the cops.

But, I would rather that any thieves didn't get as far as starting it :2tu:.

I realize that I could disconnect the wires from the starter, but surely a good car thief would know to look there and then just connect them :dunno:.

I'm looking for something more difficult to find.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuel pump fuse

its in the trunk on the left side behind the stereo amp in a black fuse box
its the top fuse

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep, anytime im gone something is pulled although i wouldnt say in anything other than a PM to a VCA member as crooks could be reading this.:nono:

The pictoral was not needed IMO.

BW96snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, that was always a great way for added protection... UNTIL NOW! :rolleyes:

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realistically now how many thieves are trolling the forums.... the thefts that have been posted on the forums in the past were related to residential burglaries and seemed to be more crimes of circumstance as opposed to dedicated viper thefts.

If someone wants your snake bad enough they're going to get it one way or another.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If someone wants your snake bad enough they're going to get it one way or another.

Yea, on second thought, F-it. Im gonna start leaving my garage unlocked with the keys in my Viper:rolleyes:

Realistically now how many thieves are trolling the forums.... the thefts that have been posted on the forums in the past were related to residential burglaries and seemed to be more crimes of circumstance as opposed to dedicated viper thefts.

Not many. But here are a very small percentage thiefs that are Very smart and do their research mainly being gaining access to the vehicle and being able to hotwire it. Doing something mechanical/electrical to prevent you car from being hotwired is a very smart thing for an owner to do IMO:2tu:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great now everyone knows your goin on vacation and to install the f-p fuse in your car..:bonker::bonker::comp2:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
remove the front wheels and store in a buddy's garage :dunno:

who can find 6 bolt wheels to fit in order to steal :dunno:

:eater:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have layers of protection. Aside from the protection on the house and the keys within the house. In order for someone to steal my vipers they would first have to hotwire my 3500 that blocks the driveway, then hookup to and move the 40ft trailer that blocks the locked gate to the side yard, and then if they manage all this they have to get the cars started and out of the neighborhood before my gun friendly neighbors notice any of this occured.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep, anytime im gone something is pulled although i wouldnt say in anything other than a PM to a VCA member as crooks could be reading this.:nono:

The pictoral was not needed IMO.
LIG posted the question on the forum so obviously he is not too worried about it or he would have asked more discreetly :rolleyes:

I'm glad you can't use this... now go think of your own theft-proof idea and don't tell anyone
or maybe you should pull the fuel pump fuse... now that you have announced to the entire interwebz that you won't do it, you can use reverse psychology and those super-genius researching thieves will be out-smarted! :rolaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950