Advice - Turn it back to Dodge or keep it?

MrLucky1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 01 RT that had an engine rebuild after the first day of ownership. Arrow reported that there was a bent camshaft and that the cylinder liners had dropped down requiring that work be done to the block. The motor was returned and set back in the car. Total elapsed time 32 days - not bad based on some of the other posts.

In the interim I decided to go to arbitration anyway and see what happens. I should have that decision anyday.

My issue is that the car continues to leak oil. It has been back three times so far with no fix yet. I'm a very old school believer that once it is messed with, it is never the same. Yet, I love the car.

So, if the arbitration says buy the car back should I give it back and find a new one (Dodge rep insisted that they will not replace the car) or hold on to this one and hope that the oil leak (minor) will soon be fixed without further down time.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't there such a thing called a lemon law? Where if the car has the same problem over and over 3 or 4 times, the dealership HAS to replace it by law or refund? I don't know the particulars, but I think it exists. Good Luck.

Gerald

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would personally try to get them to take the car back. I am of the old school as you are. Gerald is onto something. The lemon law states something to the effect, that if the car is returned during warranty period for the same problem 3 times, it is a lemon and the law now goes into effect.

Good luck with it.

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew,

I had a new 1999 Mercedes ML SUV. When you drove down the road the truck would just die. I kept taking it back, they said they fixed it and so on and so on. Finally after the 4th time I told them I wanted to speak to the factory rep.

We met and he asked to fix the car one more time, they were going to fly some top guy in from Germany to "fix" the SUV. I told him that was fine if he gave me a written guarantee that it would be fixed 100% and that it will not happen a 5th time. He said that he could not. I then told him that I was going to get my attorney involved and he will have to go to arbitration. At that point the factory rep authorized a brand new 2000 ML at no charge.

This was the first vehicle I had that was a lemon. I called my local motor vehicle department and they sent me all the rules and paperwork. Once I showed this rep that I had all the info he changed his mind quick.

If I was you I would just get a new one. This info will be on the cars record for resale. That is why I wanted to get out of that Mercedes.

Good Luck,
ROB

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give them the car back and get a new one! I wouldn't take that from a brand new car...it isn't a Rustang that breaks down the first time you turn it on! Change it, i would.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc