Alarm Keyfob does not work?

Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just tried it and nothing happens. Can it be the battery is dead inside of the fob? (just changed the battery in the car) Also tried holding both buttons down for 20 sec to reset it and nothing happend. Can the fob be opened and battery replaced or do you have to get another from the dealer?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hold both buttons down for about 10 seconds until you hear the horn sound then try the lock/unlock it should work.

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the alarm went off, then it needs to be reset before holding down the buttons. There's a key slot in the glove box for this.

OP
OP
N

Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tried that didn't work. Tried holding both buttons down and did not work either. I think the battery is dead in the fob.

OP
OP
N

Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tried that didn't work. Tried holding both buttons down and did not work either. I think the battery is dead in the fob.

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can easily change the battery yourself. There is a small dent in the side of the fob where the top is connected with the bottom. Just put in a small screwdriver and turn it open. It doesn't require any force.

Then you can buy a new battery at Wallmart.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's like a watch battery. Dime-sized. Walmart, Radio Shack, etc. will have them. You can use a dime/penny to open the case. If you buy from Radio Shack, have them check the voltage of the old battery first so you know for sure that that's your problem.

OP
OP
N

Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, took it to radio shack, they took out the battery tested it and it is fine. So its not the battery. Tried turning the key in the glovebox both directions, nothing. Held both buttons down for minutes, nothing, is there an alarm shutoff switch somewhere else other than the glovebox? I'm thinking maybe the Fob unit is just bad. Ordering another from the dealer (need 2 sets of keys anyhow)

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the alarm go off when you open the door? If not, then the alarm is not activated and you should be able to drive the car. If it is activated, then you can deactivate it by turning key in glove box.

You can only relearn the remote when the alarm is off. If that still doesn't work try this procedure remote program

Bill

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, took it to radio shack, they took out the battery tested it and it is fine. So its not the battery. Tried turning the key in the glovebox both directions, nothing. Held both buttons down for minutes, nothing, is there an alarm shutoff switch somewhere else other than the glovebox? I'm thinking maybe the Fob unit is just bad. Ordering another from the dealer (need 2 sets of keys anyhow)

ohh ok I was going to ask you if you had a spare to try, guess I got my answer lol

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do know how to get in the car without the fob right?

if so, if you want I can meet you where you say me in my RT a few months back (circuit city on RT 1) and I can bring my fob and we can try that before you go ahead and spend that kind of money (im sure there quite a bit).

Let me know, im not doing ANYTHING all day today, I'd be happy to help.

DAWING

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is gonna sound crazy.I went through the same ordeal.Your alarm box is being jammed by nearby TV signals.Try holding the fob by your left knee while sitting in the drivers seat.try all fob scenarios.If this doesn't work move (roll) the car to a different location and try again.See told you it was crazy.

OP
OP
N

Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car starts and runs fine. No alarm sounds or horn or anything. Its like the alarm is disabled. Will try the remote program instructions later.

At work right now stugots, taking lunch hour to meet an emissions officer at the test station in stamford on high ridge rd. Stuggling with that right now. Have to get it registered and need to pass emissions.

http://[******]/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/517703/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1#Post517768

Thanks for the help. I may come up to norwalk this weekend if your around.

OP
OP
N

Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well met with the inspector, he was a nice guy.. They brought the car back into the garage. They still could not get it to communicate with the OBDI. They worked on it for over an hour. Finally using some sort of different plug, they got it to go through but it took several tries and calls into central HQ to get it to through. What a mess they are...

Now I can go get registered and concentrate on they key fob issue. The trucking company that delivered the car (C&D trucking) lost one set of keys on me so they are paying for another set. Maybe I'm paranoid but I personally think the driver of the rig took them. He really liked the car, and has my home address where its stored. How easy it would be to break into my house and just take off with it. He was warned by the dealer that the keys are expensive and NOT to loose them, and he did.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well met with the inspector, he was a nice guy.. They brought the car back into the garage. They still could not get it to communicate with the OBDI. They worked on it for over an hour. Finally using some sort of different plug, they got it to go through but it took several tries and calls into central HQ to get it to through. What a mess they are...

Now I can go get registered and concentrate on they key fob issue. The trucking company that delivered the car (C&D trucking) lost one set of keys on me so they are paying for another set. Maybe I'm paranoid but I personally think the driver of the rig took them. He really liked the car, and has my home address where its stored. How easy it would be to break into my house and just take off with it. He was warned by the dealer that the keys are expensive and NOT to loose them, and he did.

as I was reading that I was thinking the same thing so IMO NO your NOT paranoid.

They deliverd it to your door? when I got mine they had me meet him in a parking lot on RT 1

OP
OP
N

Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They brought the car almost to the house. It was easier to unload it in a parking lot close by. But he has my exact address. I dont think he would steal it but being in the automotive industry he probably has connections and sell the keys to someone who would. He said it was one of the nicest rides he ever transported. I may look into Lojack for the car.

Do you have yours on the road yet? We'll have to hit down town stamford or South Norwalk one night. A pair of Red RT/10's should be a site.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They brought the car almost to the house. It was easier to unload it in a parking lot close by. But he has my exact address. I dont think he would steal it but being in the automotive industry he probably has connections and sell the keys to someone who would. He said it was one of the nicest rides he ever transported. I may look into Lojack for the car.

Do you have yours on the road yet? We'll have to hit down town stamford or South Norwalk one night. A pair of Red RT/10's should be a site.

hell yeah it would.

mines on the road but currently at chucks for a few more mods but should be back very soon.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4