All American Exotic Cars

SilverViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except the Viper, could you name some other (american) cars that have the right to claim this status??

Specify if you're talking about current production cars or not. Thanks!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. But if Dodge doesn't get its act together & come out w/ the Competition Coupe or a GTS version of the SRT then the GT-40 might make that claim.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hands down, the AMC Pacer. I mean did you see the one in the movie Wayne's World with the flames painted on the side. Now that car can get the chicks. The true American exotic.

PETSN8K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with lleon about the MT900. Awesome car. It's what the C6 may have been if GM would have kept Rod Trenne (helped in the design of the C5) instead of using the guy who designed the Aztec! 425HP (courtesy of the Z06's LS6 motor) at 2200lbs, and to top it off it's a mid engine, the car screams! I would love to have one, if only I could find $160,000 lying around. I'm going to go check under the cushions.....

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
There are other american exotics???????

Seriously though I put my vote in for the Mosler, proven technology there and the "if they ever build it" GT40. And if you really want to stretch it I always thought the Syclone was in a league of its own (at least for its time).

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were only like 400 real cobras built.

Vector has been in and out of bankrupcy a few times, is it still around?

The S7 is an american exotic most definetly.

MadMaxx

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think the shelby series 1 qualifies. some could argue reasonably that the corvette qualifies as well. the 1963 vette introduced independant rear suspension, was fuel injected and was well equipped to be competitive in road races. the 1957 vette with a radical duntov cam claimed to be the first car i believe to break 1HP / cu in. the first car though from my understanding was a 1956 chrysler 300B 354 hemi advertised at 355HP.

i would also argue that certain muscle cars though not luxurious like many exotics are indeed an american variation of exotic. they just didn't go around corners
smile.gif
. the shelby mustang gt350R (which did corner), the a990 mopars, ford thunderbolt, copo camaro's, dodge daytona, plymouth superbird, 429 boss mustangs (amongst others) all come to mind.

Jason