ALL Corvette Owners secretly want to do this!

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted a Viper.
.......so I went to the dealer, bought a Viper. :D

Then later, I wanted a Corvette.
.....so I went to the dealer, and bought a Corvette. :D

Whoever does this E-bay kit deal thing, will be one up on me.
Because they will have both cars in one. :rolleyes:

One registration fee, one gas tank to fill, one set of tires at a time, one car to wash, one car insurance policy............:rolleyes:

That is such a great idea! :lmao:

.................................................................:crazy2:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why Lambo sues all those guys that make replicas of their cars. Horrible!

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I get a Honda civic, put a stupid loud can on it for a muffler, a stupid poser wing on the back, some idiot stickers on it,......then drive around like an obnoxious bozo, pretending it's a Lambo?

There are a few guys in my town that are doing that. :rolaugh:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Automatic trans and the old GM cross fire induction motor that was terribly unreliable. Reminds me of the Fiero conversions. Awful interior.

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car looks confused.... Gen 1? 2? 3? I'm not sure if it even knows. The designer must have been drunk when the final design was done. GEEZ!

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waaay back when the Viper first came out(I was 12 at the time), I considered building one of these "some day." At the time, Vipers were selling for over $90K, you could build a Vette based kit for around $15K. Just like Lamborghini and Ferrari kits, it put a high dollar exotic in the price range of us mere mortals. Plus, they had roofs and real actual windows... Aside from the sail panels, it's not a terrible looking kit. Granted, we know it's an obvious fake, but the average citizen probably wouldn't be able to tell.

Canuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There will come a day in my lifetime when Dodge Viper replicas (convincing ones, not poor ones like the one posted) become part of life. Austin Boattail speedster, Ford GT40, Shelby Cobra, Porsche Speedster.... Sometimes a shape of a car is so classic and iconic, demand outstrips affordable supply, and then comes the knockoffs.

And thenceforth the question becomes at the carshows, "Whoa.. That's a *real* Gen I viper?" A positive outcome for real Viper owners though, is that there may be more availability of new stock body parts since now can also serve the build-a-replica-Viper-from scratch crowd.

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to think so, but I don't know if it will happen. Countach kit sales dropped off sharply as soon as the Diablo was introduced, and haven't picked up again even though the Countach design is nearly 40 years old. The same thing happened with Testarossa kit. There is only one Countach kit left on the market out of dozens, I don't know if anyone still make a Testarossa. What 80's kid didn't have a poster of one of them on their wall? They're now old enough to have the means to build them, but there's still very little interest.

Last edited:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to think so, but I don't know if it will happen. Countach kit sales dropped off sharply as soon as the Diablo was introduced, and haven't picked up again even though the Countach design is nearly 40 years old. The same thing happened with Testarossa kit. There is only one Countach kit left on the market out of dozens, I don't know if anyone still make a Testarossa. What 80's kid didn't have a poster of one of them on their wall? They're now old enough to have the means to build them, but there's still very little interest.

Real Testarossas are selling high $40's low 50's now.

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe there are too many GEN I and GEN II Vipers out for there to be replica potential in the future beyond a one off like this Viperette. If Viper had stopped after 1992 or even 1993, (around what 1,500 to 2,000 cars), there would have been sufficient demand for a kit builder and replicas. However there are too many out there at a very reasonable price. When you can find a true Viper GEN I for mid to high 20s, there is no question on the subject. If the GEN Is start to jump up to an average of $40k to $50k, it gets interesting. Viper's will do okay in the long run, but if they start to creep back up to MRSP, that will be about it, except the real, real rare ones. For some reason, I still feel the 1992s, the 1998' GT2s, Comp Coupes, ACRXs and the GEN IV ACRs are going to be the Vipers to have in the future. Then again, it may never materialize either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper