All Gen II owners with Speed Lingerie Bra please check in.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have a Speed Lingerie Bra for your Gen II I would love to hear how you put it on and off?

For all you Bra haters please just leave this thread now, I am not a big fan either but the SL Bra is the lesser of the evils since it blends in and I like my bumper perfect and do a lot of highway driving so use it for long trips.

I put it on when I first got it and left it on the car for months on end (maybe even close to a year) and since then have taken it on and off maybe 3 times. Every time I try to put it on it is a MAJOR chore and and some points even think I WILL NEVER get this sucker on the car. I even use two people every time I do it. I am either going to hurt myself or the bumper which it is supposed to be protecting with all the tugging and pulling etc... I am even working up on a KwikLift so it is at a much easier level to work with. If I was on the ground I would never get it on. It is even tough to get off once I get to the show or want to wash the car. I always let it sit in the sun before trying to put it on etc...

I would love to hear how you do it and if it is a lot of work for you if you own a SL Bra?

What method do you do? Where do you start? Do you hook it on the top of the bumper first or hook the bottom piece first etc..?

I am at the point where I am going to put it in the classified (or throw it in the closet and forget about it) and get a clear bra put on the car. I have an excellent installer but he is NOT cheap. It would probably cost well over $1000 to possibly $2000 for the bumper but it would be perfection and the car would look nice all the time.

Anyway, I was wondering if it is just me or my bra or are they a major pain in the butt for everybody to put on. If it is just me maybe I can send it back to SL and have them adjust it although I already did this once when I first got it,

I appreciate everybodies input. Thanks in advance.:2tu:

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a gen 1, and I would think it's probably pretty much the same. I've taken it off a few times and now have no problems whatsoever. I do make sure it's warmed in the sun first, or use a hair dryer on a low setting to make it more supple. You definitely don't want it to go on too easy otherwise it would be too loose and could cause damage. I start on the passenger side and work my way by pulling across the front and over to the drivers side. The first couple of times, I needed another person to help me.

Hope this helps.
- craig

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's just the way they are. I start on the DS and work my way over the the PS keeping it tight as I go. It's a very snug fit indeed but if it wasn't it would flap at speed and beat up the finish.

Rob

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am at the point where I am going to put it in the classified (or throw it in the closet and forget about it) and get a clear bra put on the car.

Ok, I know you told us bra-haters to leave but I'm gonna stick around long enough to give you a :2tu: for the clear bra decision.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am good at removing a bra left or right handed. Paint is for cars. Bra's are for women but not all women. They certainly don't belong on a manly car. Would you wear a bra? How about pink ******* for the car.? Yourself? Bra's on cars make me puke. Yep mine has some road rash and that is what paint is for. I am however ambivalent about 3M clear film. Use the 3M ****** when its prudent. GTS Bruce

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my bra from John B $150 + or - .The fit is great. Tight but not too tight. GEN II. 5 to 10 min install time with one person. I only use the bottom section but would use the hood protecter on a very long trip.+ 5 min install. Mine has 4 snaps that take the place of the wheel well bolts that located in front of the front tiers. I hope this helps.:greatday:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my bra from John B $150 + or - .The fit is great. Tight but not too tight.

Perhaps you're not taking the proper measurements... here are some tips:
bra.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
50,000 miles on my car and nose looks like 20,000 mi. (had 20K on it when I bought it). I use a Mopar Bra and it takes about 5 min. It has snaps in the wheel wells and wire hooks on elastic for all other attachments. It's tight because of all the doubled elastic. The only slight problem I have is that with the Roe facia panel under the frame. I have to 'feel' for the drilled holes instead of just stretching the elastic and hook it.

I've heard of nose repaints for well under a thousand dollars. But I think that the clear bra might cost $600 to remove. Anyone know if there is a way to remove it for repainting? Any miracle chemical that will allow easy removal?

Ted

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
50,000 miles on my car and nose looks like 20,000 mi. (had 20K on it when I bought it). I use a Mopar Bra and it takes about 5 min. It has snaps in the wheel wells and wire hooks on elastic for all other attachments. It's tight because of all the doubled elastic. The only slight problem I have is that with the Roe facia panel under the frame. I have to 'feel' for the drilled holes instead of just stretching the elastic and hook it.

I've heard of nose repaints for well under a thousand dollars. But I think that the clear bra might cost $600 to remove. Anyone know if there is a way to remove it for repainting? Any miracle chemical that will allow easy removal?

Ted
I had to remove one off of my Lightning to get it redone under warranty since it yellowed. They are a ROYAL pain in the butt to get off. My fingers were raw by the time I was done and then I had to use 3M adhesive remover to remove the glue. This and the major expense is why I didn't want to go with the clear bra. My installer is one of the best if not "the best" out there but he is NOT cheap.

The people at Speed Lingerie told me a new way to install it. They said to do the bottom edges last. I usually do the entire one side then the other. Next time I will try just doing the top section and then the bottom section and see if that is easier. :2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I normally hook the top middle hooks and then do 1 side, then move across the bottom hooking the bottom in until I get to the other side of the car and then apply the last snaps, done. Only poblem I have is laying down to hook the bottom of the car.

I removed the bra once I get to wherever I'm going and wash my car and also removed the bra once home where I again wash my car. Nearly every drive is 1,000 miles. Closest town is 400 miles there and back. I seldom drive low speed so the bra is important in maintaining my paint. Bugs/insects are an issue in various areas and I removed the bra at each end of my trips because the car definitely looks better without it, but also to removed bug carapaces, dust and small rocks before they do damage.

If your bra is such a PITA suggest getting it stretched or buy a Mopar bra.

Ted

GMBRASCO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[media]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g206/gmbrasco/DSC03382.jpg[/media]

i love my sl bra, i use a small eye glass screwdrive to pull the lower p.side support off, then i just pull the eye ******** the upper support. that takes it right off.
getting in on is still alittle work.
all this talk about bra's, support, and taking it off is getting me :D.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to remove one off of my Lightning to get it redone under warranty since it yellowed. They are a ROYAL pain in the butt to get off. My fingers were raw by the time I was done and then I had to use 3M adhesive remover to remove the glue. This and the major expense is why I didn't want to go with the clear bra. My installer is one of the best if not "the best" out there but he is NOT cheap.

The people at Speed Lingerie told me a new way to install it. They said to do the bottom edges last. I usually do the entire one side then the other. Next time I will try just doing the top section and then the bottom section and see if that is easier. :2tu:

I am not sure who your installer is but he is a crook. If he is charging $1000 to $2000 for the bumper he is a MAJOR ripoff. I have done well over 100+ Vipers and am pretty good at it. I do not charge anywhere close to that price... in fact to do the bumper is $350 to $400. I still make a profit on that so you do the numbers. I wouldnt be able to sleep at night charging people what he is. That is by far the most over priced install I have ever heard of.

And by the way, THE BEST INSTALLER in the country is the owner, Sam, of Premier Mobile based out of California. Anyone in the industry knows he is the best and he travels all over the world working on high end cars... completely wrapping them end to end. So I think your guy is blowing a lot of smoke...

Anyway removing the clear bra is not that difficult DEPENDING on the film you go with. I install VentureShield Ultra and it pulls right off. If the film is warmed up a little and you pull at a 90 degree angle from the paint it will remove the adhesive with the film. 3M on the other hand is a nightmare to remove... and it has a tremendous amount of orange peel in it... big reason why I do not install it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi