Almost lost to modified Z06 !

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rushed to put a set of Goodyear Eagle's on yesterday and head to Union Grove,WI "DA GROVE".The Tires were cheap $350.pair and gummy with a rain pattern.They matched stock size,except 1 1/2" taller.I wanted more stick but the height dropped me 3mph(wish I had 355 gears).Everyone had trouble at the line, humid,no track prep (cheap $%!#^@S).There were two Z06's,black 01 and yellow 02(405 HP)with options.The 02' guy came over to talk and said he couldn't get the car in the 12's tonignt but had gone 12.60's at this track.He said I should run the black 01,that he run's 12.20's(headers,exhaust,custom manifold,filters).So I went over to the guy in line ahead, and he said yea lets run,(he was 6 cars up in the lanes)and he ran without me.He couldn't beat 12.65 that night,said things aren't right.I could only make two runs between 9-11pm and ran best of 12:51@113mph,2.0 60ft.Geez,I forgot the lower the tires to 25lb.Ran em at 38psi.Had a free night from the family and kept our super car respect.Glad I ordered my custom Nitrous, no more struggles with conditions bla,bla,bla ect.,to run the car into solid 11's.Next Week
bounce.gif

robntguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well - looks like you guys having fun up there ... don't let the Z bite
smile.gif
Awesome ...