ALMS Grand Prix of Baltimore August 30-31, 2013

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets cheer our guys on to another victory this weekend!

Grand Prix of Baltimore August 30-31 2013

Tune-in Details:
Live Qualifying:
8/30/2013 at 4:20 pm EDT on ESPN 3

Live Streaming:
8/31/2013 at 3:30 pm EDT on ESPN 3

Television Broadcast:
9/01/2013 at 12:00 pm EDT on ABC

From Allpar.com

You must be registered for see images

Two SRT
You must be registered for see images attach
Viper GTS-Rs will compete on Saturday on the 2-mile Grand Prix of Baltimore circuit, in the seventh American Le Mans (ALMS) event of the year. Kuno Wittmer and Jonathan Bomarito will drive the No. 93 car; Marc Goossens and Dominik Farnbacher will take the No. 91 car. Mr. Goossens and Mr. Farnbacher claimed the GT Class win at Road America on Aug. 11, the first victory for Viper in ALMS competition since Dec. 31, 2000.
The SRT brand is sponsoring the Grand Prix of Baltimore. Currently, in the Vipers’ class, Chevrolet is leading the points standings, with a comfortable lead (108 points), followed by BMW and SRT (84 and 41 points), with Porsche filling the next two spots (42 and 32).

Mr. Goossens said, “Every street course is very narrow and there’s no room for error. No place is forgiving but I think a street course is even less forgiving. We learned last year that Baltimore is a very bumpy track and if you overdrive the track, it will cost you dearly. The car
is a lot better this year so hopefully with extra balance in the car we can dial out oversteer and understeer pretty fast. That should get us up front pretty quick during the weekend.”

Mr. Farnbacher said, “It’s basically a sprint
race. In order to run well you have to have a good strategy. I think most of the teams will pit just once because it’s a two-hour race. The best situation is to qualify up front and be the first off pit road so everyone has to overtake you and we know that it’s difficult to overtake at Baltimore. It comes down to strategy – good entrance and exit of pit road and how well you manage the tires.”

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Randall! Looking forward to a safe race and SRT podium finish.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be a good one and hope there is not a low gas issue again. Have premium tickets for COTA in a little over 2 weeks. Good post.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hope to make it to Atlanta in the future, as the Petit LeMans is on my bucket list ------- make sure you take plenty of shots when you go in October. Can't make it as have a track event myself that weekend.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have driven up, but didn't really feel like coughing up $160 when id only be there for a few hours. You'd have thought SRT would have given out tickets to new Viper owners to show them off... Oh well :)

Go team go!

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The race was a cluster #%€! There was a wreck on the first green flag (correct me if I'm wrong, I tuned in late and that's what I think I heard), they sat on the track FOREVER waiting for debris to be removed. And when they started up again 1.5 laps in there was another wreck on a tight turn. I had to leave the house and missed the last 40 min but would not be surprised if there was another wreck.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite frankly the circuit lay out was a Joke!

Cars expected to put the hammer down over railway tracks, then having to drive either side of a cluster of tires on the start. No clear instructions given to the Drivers on how to start the race and as for some of the corners :omg: Dyson was not happy! They read the drivers briefing different to other teams? Not good at all :(

SRT / Riley did a great job getting the 93 car back out on track, but the amount of incidents was really beyond a joke, At some points it looked more like a touring car race with cars bumping each other to get around bends :(

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAMN what kinda race is this? Three restarts and two wrecks, both block the tracks. They should be ashamed of this one! Yikes.

--RS

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One in front of the crash and one in the middle of it.

You must be registered for see images

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with all of the above... almost painful to watch. Red flag immediately after green flag. Corner pile-up that didn't immediately pull full-course caution and blocked both Vipers. BMW dragging a rear bumper around the track after being told to pit, only to pull a full-course caution after the bumper falls off. Come back to Mid-Ohio!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That BMW rear bumper situation was a Joke! Car should have been sent to the pits, you could hear the team telling the driver to shake it off! Car should have been blacked flagged in my book :mad:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh that they let the bmw keep driving was crazy!

It also sounded like the track discussion and how to handle the train track was clear.
Several drivers gave different versions from the drivers meeting.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It also sounded like the track discussion and how to handle the train track was clear.

Several drivers gave different versions from the drivers meeting.
That's what I mean, How can drivers give different Versions from the Drivers meeting if the message was clear? With the amount of damage that was done to the cars someone should be accountable!

Dread to think what the Dollar cost was to repair that lot!

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I mean, How can drivers give different Versions from the Drivers meeting if the message was clear? With the amount of damage that was done to the cars someone should be accountable!

Dread to think what the Dollar cost was to repair that lot!

The pole setter should always set the start pace and he got spun and trashed... the guy behind that clipped him is the goat here.
Agreed with above about Mid-Ohio... love it there. :1up: