ANOTHER Breakfast..but Now You Can Get Your Glass Repaired

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck Tator's got an excellent glass repair fellow that can take care of "windshield bullet holes" (that come from stray rocks) so that they are nearly invisible and will not spread (spider). My understanding is that it's a vacuum and epoxy process that costs less than $50 (less if there's more of us).

Anyway, the fellow is going to be at Tator's Dodge this Saturday at 10:30 AM if anyone else has a windshield "chip" that needs repair. Just thought I'd pass it along. ;)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a tiny little 1/8" or so chip right at my eye level that annoys the sheet out of me, is that something they can fix?

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have to ask Chuck. I think he repairs the "bullet hole" type of windshield damage. When you get a direct hit and you wind up with a small whitish hole in the center and then small glass cracks moving outward from the point of impact. His repair fills in the damaged area where some glass has fallen out (becomes visually rather unnoticeable) and it prevents the impacted area from developing spider hairline cracks that spread and eventually force you to replace the whole piece of glass.

VPRTKMIKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
usually these guys are pretty good at fixing almost any chip, but there are the occasional that can't be completely gone. but they don't spread after the repair.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DIY kit at Pep boys- 9.0$ but no breakfast included.
That's NC! LOL. It's $29.95 here in NY.

But that's a kit anyway and this is a professional vacuum injected technique. I wouldn't want to screw around with my windshield and wind up with a new one for $2,500!

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got pulled over by a Westchester trooper at gunpoint cause of Jimmy's driving. I'll never drive with that wild man again!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got pulled over by a Westchester trooper at gunpoint cause of Jimmy's driving. I'll never drive with that wild man again!

[******]! :eek:
What happened???

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, cause its city... :)
OK...that may have been both the saddest and funniest statement you've ever posted! LMAO!!!

Jimmy and I got pulled over by 2 different cops. Claimed we were "reported" doing 95 MPH and weaving in and out of traffic. Cop approaches my car with his gun out. Tells me how I may have to spend the night in jail. Claims another cop got me on radar doing 80 (my V1 never went off) and the only reason I may not go to jail is the other cop is ending his shift and doesn't want to come down there.

I end up with a warning. "Do let me ever catch you around here driving like this again...or else you'll get what's coming to you!"

Man...that was SUCH [******]! Half ruined a nice day and a nice drive. I would have loved to hear D's "interview". I was both pissed and scared bowelless! Had to take a few minutes to calm down before returning to the road. I'm figuring durind D's interview, he never even dropped his cigarette! LOL

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What the hell did you expect was going to happen? Lets stop and reflect for a moment. You driving with a dude that has a very bright yellow car, B&B exhaust and headers (loudest system on the market), without cats that shoots huge fireball war-like flames producing rip-roaring sound decibels that can cancel out jackhammer soundwaves. On top of that, (in D's mind) the legal speed limit is somewhere in the 80-ish range. He's thinks it can't be less because his car idles @ 85mph. Plus with his long hair, I'm sure he was mistaken for a terrorist. Now don't make me start creating pics for this, it could get scary and try to use some common sense next time!!

Yes you are correct about D not thinking anything of it as I'm sure he probably offered the officer a smoke as well. He is inherently born with that "nothing can possibly phase me" disposition, similar to the persona of a jet pilot that dramatically crashes a 10 million dollar aircraft burning ferociously on the ground and the pilot lands smoothly with parachute next to the wreckage only to calmly walk past the tragic scene lighting up a cigarette and enjoying it like nothing happened. :eek:

One more thing, please change the title of this post to: "Another Breakfast... But now you can get your a$$ handed to you by driving with D"
That sounds more appropriate.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That picture scares me. Seriously. I don't think I can handle another "license and registration" check! I'm going to hang with Dr. John from now on! LOL

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man o man. When ever we go out there's always some drama! U know what who cares. Jealousy is a (mother******)

It's all fun and games until your the one sitting there (which feels like forever) while the cop is writing you several tickets and calling a flatbed to have your car impounded, while all of your friends are having a blast continuing on their merry way.
And guess what, the the flatbed guy I was talking about, doesn't really care about the front facia of your car while it scrapes nicely as its dragged up on the steep flat bed.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all fun and games until your the one sitting there (which feels like forever) while the cop is writing you several tickets and calling a flatbed to have your car impounded, while all of your friends are having a blast continuing on their merry way.
And guess what, the the flatbed guy I was talking about, doesn't really care about the front facia of your car while it scrapes nicely as its dragged up on the steep flat bed.

Says the guy going 150 over the Robert Moses Causeway Bridge.... :2tu: :2tu: :headbang: