Anti lock brakes - upgradable? cost?

Michael Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might check with Archer Racing... Tommy's group in Duluth has a kit that they've installed on their Vipers. I had them do a suspension set up on my Viper while they were down south for ViperDays... they broke away from an anti-lock brake job to work on my car. Would imagine that if Tommy has a product, his brother Bobby probably does as well. Depending on your location, you have an option of Duluth or Ft. Worth!?!

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure about Richard, and with all due respect to the Archer Brothers, what I want is a DC retrofit ABS system. I do not want an aftermarket system. If the latter proves to be the sole option, i'll keep my non-ABS 99 ACR or buy a 2001 ACR.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Richard, your exact question was posed to John Fernandez at our VOI.6 tech meeting in St. Louis. His answer was that (1) there were no current plans in the works to offer a retrofit kit (2) all the current "hard parts" were essentially the same, so it COULD be done, but (3) likely to be VERY expensive.

My opinion is that it's going to be possible in the future, but difficult to justify financially.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have recently asked MOPAR developments "if and when?" re the above. The reply was they're working on it at the moment; ask again mid next year, and they may be able to give me an update and advice on a likely availability time.

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 97GTS has had a Bosch Anti-Lock system on it for over a year now. I recently upgraded to Brembo 14.1 fronts and it is truly amazing now. at any rate, this system can now be attained exclusivley from Hennessey Motorsports. We no longer handle the work here in Vegas. Good luck.

Jason
97 GTS Venom

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte