antilock brake light

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the weekend, I had a VC event to attend causing me to have to drive my car in the rain for the first time since installing new suspension, lowered the car, put on ps2's including 295's on the front instead of 275's, adding Dave's big brake package. I had driven my car before the mods in the rain w/o incident. This was a near catastrophe.

I almost killed myself and the car 10 times. It was all over the road. Twice the car darted so quickly that I went deep into the lane on the left and back through my lane to the shoulder on the right. :omg: I was forced to drive most of the trip at 45mph with my hazards on and still struggled. While this was going on the antiock brake light went on.

I took the car in yesterday and it turns out that both rears were toed in .4". That hopefully explains one of the scariest things I've ever done, but not the antilock brake light, which went out on its own.

What component likely got went on the antilock brakes causing the light to go on? Since the light went back off, should I worry about this? :dunno:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also got caught in the rain a few weeks back on the Interstate. Really sucked. Not cleaning the car, but the fact the car wanted to stop every time I hit a puddle.

In regards to the light, you can certainly inspect all of the wiring connectors if you feel so motivated. It will likely be a 12-pack event though, to find and inspect them all. I think that a DRBIII can tell you things too maybe. Dealers usually have those. Also, it could have been just the car being upset so many times in a row. Darting on bad traction etc. Maybe it was a quirk for that moment that now means nothing?

Hey, ***, go find another rain cloud and test the new alignment!!!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I also got caught in the rain a few weeks back on the Interstate. Really sucked. Not cleaning the car, but the fact the car wanted to stop every time I hit a puddle."

Note to self- Dave drives in rain, so won't spare wiper control module.

Robert, how did you get 0.4" toe-in on each rear wheel? One road race trick is to add a little (0.1" or so comes to mind).

OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, ***, go find another rain cloud and test the new alignment!!!

Quite franky, my experience was so scary, I almost vowed never to drive the car if it was supposed to rain within the next three days. :nono: It will be interesting. I'm not sure my heart could take another ride like that one and that's after I've been learning to road race for the last year, spins and all. I even spun at about 70mph this summer but that was nothing compared to this.

OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom said:
Tom:

I have no flippin idea. After installing penske's this winter and lowering the car about 3/4" , I drove the car for about 100 miles to hopefully settle the suspension and took it for a realignment. This last weekend was the first time I had it in the rain since. So for each of the rears to be towed in that much either the car settled substantially throwing off the tow or the person screwed up when then did the alignment.

All I can tell you is that you will never want to put a foot in a car set up like this in the rain, especially on the expressway. :nono:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Note to self- Dave drives in rain, so won't spare wiper control module.

I did watch the weather, and knew it was a 30% chance that day on my 150 mile trip to Austin. I was just lucky enough to center punch the one good rain cloud in Texas that day.

And keep your damn eyes off my parts man...

:D

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the service manual is a toe change (with suspension movement) chart. I don't think full up to full down provides an 0.4" change, so certainly the 3/4" drop wouldn't. Maybe a little talk with the alignment shop would be revealing.

Note to self: charge Dave 2X more when I have the only spare wiper module available and he's driven halfway to the Detroit VOI.

HISSSN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to find a shop or dealer that has the DRB scanner and find out what code was set when your anti lock light came on that will lead you to the repair, possible water on a connector but it needs to be pin pointed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pwrful4