any california TT's for sale?

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone in California have a Tt for sale. I would like a blue n white but can be open to others.

I know of one right now, but want to see if there are any other options. I'm open to gen 3 coupes also.

Thanks

OP
OP
L

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks you!! he was the one i was talking about. i have talked to him about it and plan to see his car over the xmas holidays.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do they have to be in CA? So you know they've got through the emissions issues you guys have?

OP
OP
L

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why do they have to be in CA? So you know they've got through the emissions issues you guys have?

I've bought out of state cars before and was required to take it to the dmv for an inspection. If I bought an out of state tt and showed up there with it I would not be able to register the car in this state.

If its tt already and registered in cali all that would be required is a smog test. Finding a corrupt smog station is a lot easier than paying off the dmv inspector.

OP
OP
L

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Move out of Kalifornia....................................................:drive: :drive::2tu: :2tu:

I was also considering getting a PO box in Nevada and have the car registered there but then didn't want to risk getting picked on more by the cops by having an out of state plate.

Another option would be to get creative under the hood and remove the intake piping, and try to make it look stock visually under the hood.

01GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most DMV inspectors won't know what to look for at all. They just verify Vin and mileage.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've bought out of state cars before and was required to take it to the dmv for an inspection. If I bought an out of state tt and showed up there with it I would not be able to register the car in this state.

If its tt already and registered in cali all that would be required is a smog test. Finding a corrupt smog station is a lot easier than paying off the dmv inspector.

Wow... What a pita.....:smirk:

Good Luck....:2tu:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darius is selling his 1996 B/W. Heffner car:

NORCAL AUTO GROUP

LS6 Molester......My personal opinion is if you want a TWIN TURBO Viper already in California, you should grab Darius's 1996 as fast as you can. If you snooze, you loose could happen real quick and I do not believe you will find a nicer and better one for that price anywhere in Calif. His TWIN TURBO is exactly what you want, if you really want one, go get it before someone else does.....JUST MY 2 cents. :dunno: :confused: :dunno:

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darius cars is weet. Car run in the heat in Bradenton low 10s at 145+ traps...

OP
OP
L

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I talked with a shop that can make an out of state car look visually appealing to the dmv inspectors. So I am now also considering out of state cars too that are stick. Blue and white is the preferred color.

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked with a shop that can make an out of state car look visually appealing to the dmv inspectors.

Yeah, Keep the hood closed.

"Look visually appealing"... so if that shop is not the one actually passing you then ultimately it sounds like you dont know the inspector then how do you know this situation isnt gonna blow up on you?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a SRT Vert that is Red.....

Now that's a huge understatement.....:lmao:

The "SRT Vert that is Red" is one of the nicest candy red verts out there. And it has a 1000 rwhp Paxton to get you down the road..

Beautiful Car! You may have seen it at VOI...:2tu:

Hey Matt. Judging by your description, you don't really want to sell that beauty do you?
I don't blame ya'....

OP
OP
L

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a SRT Vert that is Red.....

thank you but i am looking for a coupe

Yeah, Keep the hood closed.

"Look visually appealing"... so if that shop is not the one actually passing you then ultimately it sounds like you dont know the inspector then how do you know this situation isnt gonna blow up on you?

ive talked with about 10 friends that registered out of state cars in cali and gave me the run down. seems simple enough. they only look at the mileage, vin, check to see if all lights work, has all safety equip etc. basic stuff.

the shop wasnt going to pass the car. i didnt ask them what they would do but im guessing remove the intake pipe and putting the stock back on so when i pop the hood at the dmv the chrome is gone and wont attract any questions. the dmv is just visual, this is after i find a smog shop that can help me pass the car ;)

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Now that's a huge understatement.....:lmao:

The "SRT Vert that is Red" is one of the nicest candy red verts out there. And it has a 1000 rwhp Paxton to get you down the road..

Beautiful Car! You may have seen it at VOI...:2tu:

Hey Matt. Judging by your description, you don't really want to sell that beauty do you?
I don't blame ya'....

Thanks Mike but I was talking about another SRT Vert that I have. This one is a Twin Turbo....I am hoping to bring the Kandi car to the Texas Mile in March..

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the dmv is just visual, this is after i find a smog shop that can help me pass the car ;)

Hopefully you can find that shop before the car transaction.

Being in So Cal can facilitate that, however I recall this being a bit easier years ago.

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sound like a possible crap shoot, I'd go with Darius' TT knowing it already has been registered in Ca.
with no issues. My .02

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mike but I was talking about another SRT Vert that I have. This one is a Twin Turbo....I am hoping to bring the Kandi car to the Texas Mile in March..

Don't think I have seen your TT....

I'll get with you regarding "The Mile"... Gonna be fun...

I've already hit the magic number on low boost...

In "Mexico", of course...:D

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't Ted looking to sell his red/silver stripe GTS? Thought it was turbo (tt?)! Seems like a nice, modded, GTS. In Canada, so don't know what has to be done to bring it into US, certainly into CA.:dunno: Worth looking at in my opinion, if it is still for sale.

His screen name here is RTTTTed (In his avatar section, it says "suspended"...not sure what is going on).

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't Ted looking to sell his red/silver stripe GTS? Thought it was turbo (tt?)! Seems like a nice, modded, GTS. In Canada, so don't know what has to be done to bring it into US, certainly into CA.:dunno: Worth looking at in my opinion, if it is still for sale.

His screen name here is RTTTTed (In his avatar section, it says "suspended"...not sure what is going on).

That car is a Paxton.

As stated, I'd jump on Darius' car.

OP
OP
L

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
does anyone know if AAA will do out of state vehicle transfers? Might make things easier if they do