Any low mileage (~10k) SRT's out there for $33-35k?

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The O.P. is looking to buy a Retail quality Viper, for low wholesale pricing.. it's not going to happen...

That's all assuming the OP even has the funds to buy a Viper, even at a ridiculously low ball price.

My experience has been, the people who ask, "where can I find a _____ for only $_____" are the people that don't even have the money to buy one even if they found one for that price. Assuming they could afford one at that price, they can't afford to maintain them.

OP probably drives a Mustang Cobra and has a couple of dollars in the bank. He's probably guessing he can get $20k out of his Ford and can only afford a few more dollars to try to get into a Viper.

If you want to pay auction prices for a Viper, then go to the auction and buy one. Best of luck. But don't try to drag the prices of everyone else's car down with you.

By the way, are there any super low mileage (~2k) Gallardos out there for $50k?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realize the risk involved and can understand paying a "premium" for a vehicle that one could know the history.

However, that pricing is fairly indicative of where the market is at, mileage included.

Your terminology is not correct. The Manheim prices are not "The Market" prices. Those are wholesale prices paid by resellers. What those resellers sell the cars for is "The Market". If dealers went around selling cars at auction prices, they wouldn't make a cent.

So please, don't confuse Manheim auction pricing for what these cars typically sell for. If you are shopping wholesale, get your dealer buddy to buy one for you.

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow lots of posts, not sure where to start.

First, let me say to the poster who stated he didn't think I could legitimately purchase the car because I wanted the best deal on it, is way off base. I have my down payment and financing setup for certainly a gen3 vert. Although I did have an 03 cobra in the past, my current vehicle, 08 F150 is paid off and will be my daily.

Either way, I don't mind going the wholesale route and I may very well end up going that direction. However, my intentions of this post was just to cover all bases and see if any current viper owners knew of any other cars out there.

Seems as though I got my answer and no further discussion is truly necessary.

I'll keep the VCA updated once I find the one, and be sure you'll get the details on price, mileage, etc...

I look forward to contributing to the forums. Take care.

-Kyle

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your terminology is not correct. The Manheim prices are not "The Market" prices. Those are wholesale prices paid by resellers. What those resellers sell the cars for is "The Market". If dealers went around selling cars at auction prices, they wouldn't make a cent.

So please, don't confuse Manheim auction pricing for what these cars typically sell for. If you are shopping wholesale, get your dealer buddy to buy one for you.

I do completely agree with this post. Sorry for original wording but you are correct.

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, although I do think of myself as someone who has super powers, I don't think that by me coming on here and asking if anyone knows someone trying to get out from there car at "wholesale" pricing, is going to single-handedly lower the market for gen3 viper verts.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of a brand new Gen 3 06 VOI 9 car with 5 miles, just sitting..

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This isn't completely crazy. I was like him this time of year looking for my 2004 for a completely unreasonably low price. I was looking at eBay and anything I could find. I found my car for a bottom end of trade in price with Belanger headers and exhaust, completely flawless with 8k miles.

Sitting around waiting for a car in your price range is a great idea, as long as you can confirm it's a GOOD CAR.

Ball is in your court!

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isn't completely crazy. I was like him this time of year looking for my 2004 for a completely unreasonably low price. I was looking at eBay and anything I could find. I found my car for a bottom end of trade in price with Belanger headers and exhaust, completely flawless with 8k miles.

Sitting around waiting for a car in your price range is a great idea, as long as you can confirm it's a GOOD CAR.

Ball is in your court!

Thanks!! How long ago was your search? How's your viper treatin' ya?

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am about 30 minutes from the Manheim auto auction and go occassionally with a dealer friend. It is one of the largest auto auctions if not the largest auto auction on the East Coast.

PLENTY of good deals there and plenty of cars with a history there. Manheim is not at all a salvage auction or a parts car auction. Cars are there for many reasons and not all are bad.

Best thing to do is have an educated dealer or person inspect the car for you. You can buy it on a Greenlight meaning you get to drive it and get time to inspect it thoroughly. You can check for paint work with a paint thickness measuring device and look for other signs of paint work.

Many people in the area know dealers and will work out a deal with them to find them a car and pay them $500 or even a $1000 since they are friends.

$33K to $35 could be stretching unless we are talking a higher milage Gen III Vert.

Here are some Prices from the last 2 exotic sales straight from the post sales lists. This is also not counting auction fees and transportation.

1997 DODGE VIPER BLUE 2 10 Gas 6 Y X 9,670 $38,000
2005 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 RED 2 10 6 Y CV 2,055 $45,000
2002 DODGE VIPER GTS GREY 2 10 Gas 6 Y CD HT L 28,913 $33,000
2006 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 RED 2 10 Gas 6 Y CD SC B 11,580 $47,000

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am about 30 minutes from the Manheim auto auction and go occassionally with a dealer friend. It is one of the largest auto auctions if not the largest auto auction on the East Coast.

PLENTY of good deals there and plenty of cars with a history there. Manheim is not at all a salvage auction or a parts car auction. Cars are there for many reasons and not all are bad.

Best thing to do is have an educated dealer or person inspect the car for you. You can buy it on a Greenlight meaning you get to drive it and get time to inspect it thoroughly. You can check for paint work with a paint thickness measuring device and look for other signs of paint work.

Many people in the area know dealers and will work out a deal with them to find them a car and pay them $500 or even a $1000 since they are friends.

$33K to $35 could be stretching unless we are talking a higher milage Gen III Vert.

Here are some Prices from the last 2 exotic sales straight from the post sales lists. This is also not counting auction fees and transportation.

1997 DODGE VIPER BLUE 2 10 Gas 6 Y X 9,670 $38,000
2005 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 RED 2 10 6 Y CV 2,055 $45,000
2002 DODGE VIPER GTS GREY 2 10 Gas 6 Y CD HT L 28,913 $33,000
2006 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 RED 2 10 Gas 6 Y CD SC B 11,580 $47,000
GREAT POINTS and very true as its plain ignorant to think that every car thru there has an issue .A buddy of mine is a buyer here in NJ and he charges in the thousand dollar range to go there on a car search.Interestingly enough if a tri state FERRARI dealership needs a car for a customer and they cant locate one guess where they go.

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would never buy a viper with out somekind of warr. Last Year my 04 had its tranny replaced. I never had it at the track. It just wouldnt go into rev or 6th easy. This summer sitting at a light the bearing spun in the motor. It is at Tators now getting motor rebuilt. If you are going to upgrade anyway to gen IV why not wait till next yr save some extra cash and buy what you really want. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would never buy a viper with out somekind of warr. Last Year my 04 had its tranny replaced. I never had it at the track. It just wouldnt go into rev or 6th easy. This summer sitting at a light the bearing spun in the motor. It is at Tators now getting motor rebuilt. If you are going to upgrade anyway to gen IV why not wait till next yr save some extra cash and buy what you really want. Just my 2 cents.

That's a good point but what I really want is a VIPER. I mean having a gen IV would be nice. I'm content with having a gen 3 in the meantime, enjoying it and when I am ready to move on to bigger and better things, get the gen iv at that time.

I have a couple deals i'm working on right now. Thanks badgts...

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's all assuming the OP even has the funds to buy a Viper, even at a ridiculously low ball price.

My experience has been, the people who ask, "where can I find a _____ for only $_____" are the people that don't even have the money to buy one even if they found one for that price. Assuming they could afford one at that price, they can't afford to maintain them.

OP probably drives a Mustang Cobra and has a couple of dollars in the bank. He's probably guessing he can get $20k out of his Ford and can only afford a few more dollars to try to get into a Viper.

If you want to pay auction prices for a Viper, then go to the auction and buy one. Best of luck. But don't try to drag the prices of everyone else's car down with you.

By the way, are there any super low mileage (~2k) Gallardos out there for $50k?

Wow what a pompous arrogant and assumptive post. Cobra's are nice cars and who are you to think that he doesn't have the funds based on owning a mustang? My good friend's father is a cardiac surgeon and real estate developer who makes about 20 million dollars a year. He drives a 2000 Honda accord. He also lives in a 22,500 SQ home in Bloomfield Hills michigan. Sorry you don't like hearing about how much the market has tanked on these cars. Heck by my screen name I would also just be a mustang owner. The 03 cobra originally was really a car that came in 02 but was labeled an 03. I bought one. Amazing car. But I also have a 2000 Viper GTS ACR and I shopped the hell out of it. I haven't changed my name or signed for the VCA and it's members like you that make me not want to be a part of this "club." The irony of all your rant "Johnny Bravo" is that you are complaining that it is people like him that are driving down the values of the vipers. This is completely not true because it is the seller that is willing to sell the car for the price that they sell it for. The irony is that if you are that rich to own the viper the way it's "meant to be owned" you will be completely unaffected by buyers driving down prices becaues you are so fiscally set that it wouldn't matter...

OP, you will probably find a good car in your range, especially if you are not picky with color. From what I gather, the bottom on these cars isn't even the lowest. Winter will net you better deals yet. However, be careful with the waiting game because the sooner you get the car and start smiling...the greater your return on investment. Good luck.