Any LPE Vipers on this board??

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw George Brices LPE 540 CID Viper this week at VOI. It is without a doubt the absolute fastest naturally aspirated Viper in the country. The workmanship is impecable and the job quality is second to none. I saw the car run 10.20s at 136 mph all day long.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lingenfelter builds very strong packages for the Viper, and John Lingenfelter is a great person. Sounds like George's LPE 540 Viper is an shining example of that. I am not sure how much power and torque the car is making, but LPE does post dyno sheets for the package on their website.

Bill and I were hoping to bring out my APEX LETHAL 750 Viper to VOI. It makes over 650rwhp and 715 rwtq. Unfortunately, we had so many R&D projects going on with the new custom engine pieces we designed for the package. The engine is still awaiting assembly with billet main caps, oversize main bolts, cam bearings, etc.. I think it would have been a great matchup against the LPE car.

When people say 'this car's faster than that car' or 'it's the fastest' it really depends mostly on the driver, track, and conditions. I know many people argue the MPH is the true indicator of power, and in some ways they are right. However, when wheelspin occurs and you are moving, then you are wasting power which will negatively impact the MPH at the end. On many occasions we have seen a good driver in one of our customer's cars go not only faster through the 1/4 mile (expected), but they almost always increase the MPH trap speed as well, sometimes as much as 7mph. It seems to make sense that they controlled the wheel spin, put more power to the pavement, and were able to achieve higher MPH results. An easy way to test this would be to do a 0-60 mph run with minimal wheelspin and mark where your car hit 60mph. Then do one where you just dump the clutch, smoke the tires, and continue to smoke them until you hit 60mph. I would bet that it would take you a farther distance to hit 60 mph. You may have only hit 48mph at the same mark. Now a dragstrip is a fixed length. The more tirespin you have the longer/farther it will take you to hit certain speeds. Hopefully this makes sense. Or another test would be to do a run at a dragstrip, but start in 3rd gear. Will you still achieve the same MPH at the end?

This was not said to start an argument or analyze drag racers, just an observation I have made over the years. I also saw it when we participated in the Car and Driver event a few months back.

Thanks!
-Wayne (LTHL VPR)

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LTHL VPR:
When people say 'this car's faster than that car' or 'it's the fastest' it really depends mostly on the driver. I know many people argue the MPH is the true indicator of power, and in some ways they are right. However, when wheelspin occurs and you are moving, then you are wasting power which will negatively impact the MPH at the end. On many occasions we have seen a good driver in one of our customer's cars go not only faster through the 1/4 mile (expected), but they almost always increase the MPH trap speed as well, sometimes as much as 7mph. It seems to make sense that they controlled the wheel spin, put more power to the pavement, and were able to achieve higher MPH results. An easy way to test this would be to do a 0-60 mph run with minimal wheelspin and mark where your car hit 60mph. Then do one where you just dump the clutch, smoke the tires, and continue to smoke them until you hit 60mph. I would bet that it would take you a farther distance to hit 60 mph. You may have only hit 48mph at the same mark. Now a dragstrip is a fixed length. The more tirespin you have the longer/farther it will take you to hit certain speeds. Hopefully this makes sense.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My experience is that your MPH goes up in cooler weather with denser air. Your MPH goes DOWN the better you hook the car up. MPH is a function of how much power you put down along the track. Shifting faster is good for 2-3mph. When you spin off the line, you hurt your ET, but often your MPH will be higher.

My best ET had a 118MPH trap. One of my worst ET's (mid 12's) had a 120.5MPH trap.

I'd be REALLY surprised if anyone gained 7mph just from hooking right - unless they really blew the launch the first time.

Regarding Linfenfelter, he builds awesome cars. He doesn't talk trash, he doesn't open his yap and put down other tuners or packages, he lets his cars speak for him. He is a class act in every sense of the word. He is successful because he is customer service oriented, his products are *ultra* reliable and they perform flawlessly for years and are very streetable.

Don't all the Viper tuners get all defensive now - I'm not saying the same is not true of the Viper tuners, but I do see alot of folks clamoring for the spotlight and getting upset when not every comment is a glowing review. Don't worry... let your product do your talking... advertise, make sure people know about it, and if it's good, they will come. The best way to market isn't to stamp out all negative comments, it's to let people see it for themselves and decide, based on your product and your service.

My LPE383 would run neck and neck with my buddy's LT1-383 built by a no-name tuner. Only difference is his car was being "adjusted" every other week and blew up 3 times in 30k miles. I beat the snot out of mine every weekend at the track and never once had a problem.

I'm not saying some of our Viper tuners aren't as good as LPE... but a good name and good reputation comes from always *always* being nice even if someone thinks your car *****, and letting your cars do the talking.

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason is your site done yet? I want to know about other work you do other than Jamies type of job. I bet he is a pain in the a$$
as a job!!!!!!
smile.gif
You and I have very simular taste as to what a Bad a$$ Snake should look and run like....ok you too Jamie. GB3

OP
OP
J

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, we definitely see eye to eye on what makes a good car. The web page should be done shortly. When's the next bike race at Englishtown? I'd love to come watch.

Mike, I'm not saying that you were talking about me in particular but you will notice my positive, enthusiastic comments all over the message board regarding the LPE car. I for one have no problem giving credit when it's due and Georges car deserves all of the credit. It is without a doubt the best combination I've ever seen. While some of the other guys were frantically working to get thier cars ready for the next round, the only thing George had to do is check the tire pressure and make sure the car doesn't run out of gas, two things which Lingenfelter is working on soloutions for.
laugh.gif

George, as far as Jamie being a pain in the *** , well, not as long as he's on your side, I sure wouldn't want to be driving against him.

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, you Know I was just kidding about Jamie...I want to know about his hemi cars....Do you work on that stuff? Will you?
I have a hemi project also...I want to go 9s with a stick....on motor only. GB3

OP
OP
J

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, as much as I'd like to do your work, you know Ray Barton is the one to see for Hemis. If you want him to build the engine and need someone to do the rest of the car however, I'd be more than happy. You just give me a call anytime. You can ask anyone who's ever had thier car in my shop, I do the cleanest work and the cars never get scratched.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason Heffner:

Mike, I'm not saying that you were talking about me in particular but you will notice my positive, enthusiastic comments all over the message board regarding the LPE car. I for one have no problem giving credit when it's due and Georges car deserves all of the credit. It is without a doubt the best combination I've ever seen. While some of the other guys were frantically working to get thier cars ready for the next round, the only thing George had to do is check the tire pressure and make sure the car doesn't run out of gas, two things which Lingenfelter is working on soloutions for.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jason, I was not talking about you AT ALL! As a matter of fact I think you are probably the underdog of the Viper board. I never heard about Heffner cars but then I see them putting up impressive numbers and I wonder why I didn't hear more about them before. In another post I mentioned I was not aware of your 10-second guarantee or of the pricing of your packages. I meant that to be helpful. I dunno if you guys advertise on here but there has been tons of coverage of every other package under the sun but you dont hear much about your stuff. I do remember back when you were the first guy that didnt need a limb or first born child in order to get a fast Viper - and I respect that.

No, there are some other Viper tuners that freak out when something that isn't 100% positive is said about them... and it's not you, but I bet you know who I'm talking about
wink.gif

OP
OP
J

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I may know what you mean. A couple of guys made some positive remarks about my work and then all hell broke loose. This message board IS for the whole VCA isn't it?

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason-
As I said before....keep up the excellent work! We have heard nothing but great things about the Viper mods and packages you build. Well done!
Don't let the hellraisers (as you refer to) get to you....

Take care.
-Wayne

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason Heffner:
I think I may know what you mean. A couple of guys made some positive remarks about my work and then all hell broke loose. This message board IS for the whole VCA isn't it?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, it is...

Maybe you should offer your previous customers a $100 'reward' every time someone comes to you for a supercharger and mentions that customers name. That way your customers will be telling everyone in the world about their wonderful new Heffner system that runs guaranteed 10's for only $7k, or $10k installed.

I remember when I saw Jamie's car my reaction was
eek.gif
and I just kept looking at it. If Jamie knew how to drive worth a damm then he would have shown all of us some amazing times
laugh.gif
(chiiiill Jamie, I'm teasing you).

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed my car runs good...but I need more power! How about mod a stock manifold for a little bit bigger plenums...and one inch shorter runners....a new cam for a few more clydesdales up top.
A new spring package.....then we can add a few more teeth to the back sprocket......10.10????? $peed co$t....how $pend do you want to fast???? Glad to have you back....you know I got to go faster.....GB3

Mister HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey - this is a little off topic, but I saw a few names I know, and thought I would let you all know that I am back here at LPE!!

Hi George, hows the Viper? word is you are king of the hill! congrats! snake eyes, how's my buddy Naaaamy doing?? we all know your story!! anyway, for everyone else, I've been hired to take care of internet sales, and technical info for LPE, and I'm very willing to help in any way that I can. Hope to hear from you soon.

Ed

Mister HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes George, I know, it's a sickness isn't it?? Listen buddy, concentrate on the last couple bike races, then talk to me about the car when you have some time, you know I'll take good care of it, and you!

Ed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang