any other wheel makers than the 3 normals?

matt lankford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
planning on some big wheels for my gts, whats out there aside from forgeline, purner and HRE?

ive seen a side pic of another yellow gts with big wheels and a chrome gas cap that had real sharp wheels, anyone remember this car and/or the wheels?

they are six spokes and its my wallpaper but i cant find the file.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For God's sake, it P-U-R-N-E-R. PURNER, Purner.... His name is John Purner. (Not your fault - mangling his name has been nearly a tradition here, you;re just doing as you've seen...)

Good, not that that's our of the way.... There's BBS, OZ, and the new import that PartsRack is selling. And probably one or 2 others that I cannot remember at this time.

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just emailed a guy that has been selling them on the vette board. he said they are still designing them and asked what sizes i would reccomend and what style i would like. he said he is trying for a 6 spoke and a 7 spoke and they could be done by july. they will hopefully have a 4 inch dish out back. since i have owned my car all of about 36 hours ill let everyone here chime in with any ideas. i told him 19/19 seemed to be the norm for most.

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can nasty10 chime in with his experience with iforged, thanks for the help.

Nasty 10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was suppose to be the first Viper to have iforged wheels. They told me they would have the parts in a couple of weeks, then it would take a couple more weeks to build them. Neither ever happened. I just kept getting excuse after excuse. I'm not the type to accept BS. I was refunded all my money. Since I was refunded all my money I agreed not to bad mouth them, so I should stop now. If you go to www.corvetteforum.com there are lots of posts (good and bad) about them.

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is the yellow car i was talking about, what wheels are on it? they are what i want.

i was following the iforged thing on the CF and it seemed all the people that had them liked them and that the people that were still waiting and waiting were the ones that changed widths and lip sizes and had new brake clearence requests.

i wouldnt mind giving a small deposit but would never pay in full. if he yellow cars wheels dont work out.

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are HRE 546R s. (at least that's what they look like from the picture) Look like at least 19 inches. the R series recently came out - they are distinguished from the regular 546 wheel by the flat lip. The flat lip is the only way to go, plus everybody has the older style with the other lip. I just ordered a set of 545R s from Jon B for my SRT. Awesome price - and I compared to many places that I've used in the past he was the lowest. I got 19Front and 20rear.

OP
OP
M

matt lankford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The plain centercap is what threw me off. the ifoged sounds real promising, not sure what i want to do though. i think id rather save the money and wait a month or 2. the stock wheels dont look THAT bad

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of 545R s from Jon B for my SRT. Awesome price - and I compared to many places that I've used in the past he was the lowest. I got 19Front and 20rear.
Hey Gregg! Congrats on your new ride.
But....here you go AGAIN!

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Citysnake,

When I'm done with this one you can be sure that I'm going to blame YOU! Don't forget that you found Bill for me. I saw you on a sunday and it was at my door on Friday. I've already begun buying aftermarket products. But I'm resolved to keeping it quiet and comfortable (no sparco seats!). Right now I'm working on the looks. Rims, rotors, suspension. in a month or so this thing will be so low it will scrape the pavement.

at this point, I think I have a problem.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D
Forget Chucks BBQ...and go straight to therapy. DO NOT gripe about how uncomfortable the car is when this is all over...oh, forget...with you it's NEVER over ! :rolleyes: :D

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg, Greg, Greg..........Yep, a man after my own heart. Therapy for you? NO way. You are the man who should write the book on how to avoid therapy!

Look at it this way. You are spending your money on a pleasure that will never talk back to you, will never argue with you, will never criticize you, and will only obey your every wish. It will only do to you, what you do to it! It's the ultimate Golden Rule. It's a win-win. I look forward to this post going on and on and on. I think we should use Greg as a project. We should monitor his every move, and see in two years from now how he has brought what Dodge thought was already king of the hill, to a new level. He'll definitely raise the bar, and it'll be fun watching him spend it.....I mean do it.

Will the wheels be on before the Zone at Englishtown? If you go for new rotors, will your old ones fit my car?

Later,
Andrew

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, those are HRE 546Rs, 20", the first set produced I believe. Was it JonB who originially posted it back in Dec when he was trying to stir up interest? Anyhow, I've had them on my screen saver,too. I'm probably going to go with the forgeline VR1s however, as I already have the 19" rear tires sitting in my garage.
lol

racewheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score