Anybody put carbs on a Viper? Just curious...

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a Viper owner and have no intention of doing carbs. I am just curious, because in my days of owning Porsche's in the 80's it was a popular improvement. The throttle response was just instant, and was great if well adjusted.

What is the opinion? Never read anything about carbs here, so I assume they would be negative to Viper performance.

Thanks,

Jim Wallace

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see how you could...unless it was a sheetmetal manifold like that Viper drag car (Sir hisss?). I doubt it would be worth it unless your making 2000hp and your goal is to go a 1/4 mile at a time
smile.gif

MadMaxx

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the question is "Has anyone eliminated the computer..."

Carbs is good as are distributors, however, there isn't a distributor.

W/o the computer, one could, in their own backyard experiment with BIG cams and all sorts of stuff to make Viper scream.

The inability to reprogram computers is the modification stumbling block.

I guess you could always put an aftermarket race computer on it... but all this electronic stuff is VERY EXPENSIVE. And further, it requires an extreme investment of TIME to get up to speed. If you actually do it, you will be running with the Tuners.

Who wants to buy a set of 10 high flow injectors? Who wants to buy a set of then even higher flow injectors? $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I own every Holley carb made shy of the Dominator - so Carbs Is Good!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4