Purchasing a 2013 GTS, first Viper

srt4evah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings, all. I'm in the purchasing phase just getting ready to transfer the money on a 2013 Viper GTS. I've wanted a Viper since I was a teenager, and I have the opportunity to get one now, so I'm pulling the trigger. I have not driven a Viper, but I've had a manual sportscar for most of the last 25 years, I'm sure I can ease my way into handling the Viper.

Any general advice for a new owner, as far as things to look out for maintenance and inspection-wise? It's a higher mileage car, over 40k miles, but that doesn't concern me with a car like the Viper, I'm sure it's mean to be driven, not babied.

I plan to get the TA wing, full Belanger exhaust and maybe Arrow PCM, some Sidewinder wheels, shorter shift knob and pedal extensions, and maybe a UConnect upgrade to get Apple Carplay working.

Any thoughts on my intentioned mods, suggestions or warnings? Thanks!

P.S. I realize I've been a member of this forum since 2007... so you can imagine how long I've been waiting to get a snake...

A12pilot

Enthusiast
Venom Member
Reaction score
I don’t know much about the Gen V, but can say if you have polished Rattler wheels, I’ll take them off your hands! ;)

My 97 GTS shows up this weekend or early next week. My second Viper. Awesome cars! Congrats!

cheers
dave

OP
OP
srt4evah

srt4evah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t know much about the Gen V, but can say if you have polished Rattler wheels, I’ll take them off your hands! ;)

My 97 GTS shows up this weekend or early next week. My second Viper. Awesome cars! Congrats!

cheers
dave
Thank you!

It's actually got black Rattlers on it now, I got the names confused it's the Sidewinder 2's that I want to put on. Need to find a set somewhere first...