Anybody running 18" SSR's or OZ wheels from Partsrack???? PICS????

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up an 04 and have big HP plans for it. I HATE the stock wheels and tires. I have literally searched for three days and cant find ANY PICS of the SSR's or the OZ that John sells. I would like to get some input oon the set up as well. Mostly a street car.

On a side note, I just parted out my TVS 2300 blown, 820 rwhp 08 Corvette and am VERY happy to be back in a Viper. I bought this car with 16k miles on it and the previous owner lowered the car very low the wrong way. I dont know what he did but this thing rides like a dump truck. I will be slamming it properly with some KW'S. Good to be back!!!!

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Viperless. I plugged in all kinds of stuff and couldnt come up with anything. Slowly slipping into senility at 37 I guess!

Thanks again.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I could go either way on these. The blue car looks good with the OZ's. Does anybody know the weight difference between the two?????

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike !
Congratulations and Welcome Back !!!!
The So Cal Club will be at Laguna Niguel this Sat for our Club Picnic.....come on out.

Lance

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike !
Congratulations and Welcome Back !!!!
The So Cal Club will be at Laguna Niguel this Sat for our Club Picnic.....come on out.

Lance

Hey Lance, good to hear from you. We are going to try and make it for sure.

Mike

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wheels weights for you:

HRE on Invo Tires:
Front: 52 lbs (OEM sized)
Rear: 69 lbs

SSRs and Kumho Tires:
Front: 50 lbs (note that these are way wider than OEM, but still lighter)
Rear: 54 lbs

SSRs on my vert:

SSRs at 175+ mph

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wheels weights for you:

HRE on Invo Tires:
Front: 52 lbs (OEM sized)
Rear: 69 lbs

SSRs and Kumho Tires:
Front: 50 lbs (note that these are way wider than OEM, but still lighter)
Rear: 54 lbs

SSRs on my vert:

SSRs at 175+ mph

Very nice!! Do you run this set up on the street with the Khumos? I'm wanting to know if the lightness makes a big difference in everyday driving etc. I know it cant hurt, Im just not a small wheel fan. Your car does look good though.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use my HRE/Invo setup on the street, and the SSR/Kumho V700s for the track. However, I have driven them on the street for a couple hundred miles on the way to/from the track and for a couple of those grudge matches in Mexico. And yes, they do make a big difference, the car feels lighter all the way around. My current rear 335/30-18 are shorter than OEM, and thus give a slight gearing effect. The sidewall on the V700 is significantly firmer than the Invos. There is an increase in ride firmness, but way better cornering capability and feedback. Overall, it is a noticeably quicker acceleration, cornering, and braking.

For DD, I would chose a different tire that would get more life than the track oriented tire I am currently running.

My $0.02

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use my HRE/Invo setup on the street, and the SSR/Kumho V700s for the track. However, I have driven them on the street for a couple hundred miles on the way to/from the track and for a couple of those grudge matches in Mexico. And yes, they do make a big difference, the car feels lighter all the way around. My current rear 335/30-18 are shorter than OEM, and thus give a slight gearing effect. The sidewall on the V700 is significantly firmer than the Invos. There is an increase in ride firmness, but way better cornering capability and feedback. Overall, it is a noticeably quicker acceleration, cornering, and braking.

For DD, I would chose a different tire that would get more life than the track oriented tire I am currently running.

My $0.02

Thanks bro, your input is much appreciated.John says Khumos are on backorder anyway. Looks like I have to figure out another tire.