Anyone ever have any problems with ACR shocks?

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to see if anyone has had any problems with their ACR shocks. Anything from leaking to bending, not being able to adjust, etc. I've got some issues with mine right now and so I was curious.

Christian

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, you can add me to that list. like one of my shocks seems to be leaking from the seal. it does not seem to be causing me any loss in performance though. but i will be keeping an eye on it though. apparently they want big bux to rebuild these shox? does anybody know how much suspension dynamics charges to rebuild the shox? also how much does a new suspension dynamic replacement shock cost?

OP
OP
C

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fast Freddy: Replacement cost: My dealer quoted me $2,300 for a rear shock and $4,300 for a front shock.

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know one of the local guys with an ACR had 1 or 2 of his shocks leaking oil as well.

OP
OP
C

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fast Freddy: I don't know about rebuilding them. I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm still trying to fight it out with the dealer...

Eric H: Thanks for the additional info. Kind of ***** that the shocks don't hold up all that well.

kpham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi all! Finally I'm able to post. My front ACR shock is leaking badly too. I finally find place to rebuild it. Mine is '00 and it has Koni shocks. Koni website lists 2 places that you can go for your shock rebuild. I contact ProPart USA and they said the rebuild cost is $150+/-. Below is the info. I still haven't figured out how to remove the shock yet. I was able to get the spring loose and remove the upper bold but that's all. There's a metal tub around that bold and I have no idea how to get it out without bending something. If you know how, please give some instruction. thanks.

http://www.propartsusa.net/products/koni/koni_main.htm

Pro Parts West in Canoga Park, CA (818-888-8904).
21345 Deering Court
Canoga Park, CA 91304
Bus: (818) 888-8904
FAX: (818) 348-3823

http://www.koniracing.com/shopservices.html

OP
OP
C

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish Dynamic Suspensions had a similar vendor for rebuilds...Anyone know of one?

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My ACR shocks are still good but my friend's 2000 ACR had leaking oil and were replaced under warranty. His car has more than 50K miles.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF YOU OWN A 2000(MID YEAR CHANGE)-2002 ACR and you ACTUALLY drive your car, your SHOCKS WILL LEAK...

I am now on order for 2 more Racing Dynamics ACR shocks to be replaced. This will bring the total replacement up to 3 shocks, and I am sure within a few months, the only other one thats NOT leaking, will start too.

They are a decent shock/spring combo, but damn if they dont leak like a sive. Get them replaced under warranty, you sure wont want to pay for them outta warranty !!

Jon

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4