anyone for a central Alberta cruise?

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a toss out there but is anyone up for a saturday cruise in the around the Red Deer region.Could be out towards the ice park type of run out Rockie Mountain house way and then those from Calgary and Edmonton can take the back roads home or come back the same route.thats if the snow stays away.

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will keep a eye on this post and the weather....supposed to be a rain/snow :( mix here in Cagary on Saturday. Other than a windshield appt in the morning I am free.

Tony2

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will keep a eye on this post and the weather....supposed to be a rain/snow :( mix here in Cagary on Saturday. Other than a windshield appt in the morning I am free.

Tony2

That snow rumor is out this way too.If it's a no snow i may go.Will decide for sure friday after work with the weather network info.

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Busy this weekend Shane, However if the weather was perfect plans could be changed, it does not look good though

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if it's a nice saturday it will probably be the last for a while since we are supose to hit -7 tonight i fear it will be car on stands time soon.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We got a skiff of snow on the cars day before yesterday but it was melted before 9am. Kappan mtn is outside my window and it is covered in snow.

Supposed to warm up by Sat though. That would probably be Sunday for you guys.

Really soon I'm going to make up an excuse and do the 400 mile drive to town and back. You get pics like this when you keep diving past the 'prime' ...

You must be registered for see images

Ted

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with the chance of snow up in the mountains i have to get everything out of the garden so a long drive is out but if it is nice i may take a short cruise around the red deer region.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you guys and gals get a cruise today? I'm in Sudbury, Ont. and it is cold and raining!! :( Good weather for visiting the granddaughters. :2tu::2tu:

Breadman, if you are see this give me a call.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ont? Even if you got your GTS it ***** in the rain. Ontario 30kph speeding means they scoop your car. Gestapo. Nazis

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ont? Even if you got your GTS it ***** in the rain. Ontario 30kph speeding means they scoop your car. Gestapo. Nazis

We have the car hauler but not the car as we moved our daughter out here. Definitely not a Viper friendly town as the streets are the worst of any city I know of. Potholes you can dodge but my lowered GTS with the longer Elite bumper would not stand a chance in the trenches that run across most of these streets. I only travel 15-20 MPH in the motorhome!:mad: They did pave a couple of streets this year, but you destroy your car getting to them.:crazy2:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OMG! If they charge so much stinkin' tax money what do they do with it? Obviously they're not spending it on the roads. Government pockets? Have they given themselves a raise (60% here a few years ago).

They're almost all "secretariues or Ministers" which gives them an extra $40-100,000 per year.

I bet if they fired half the Politicians there'd still be too many and then they'd have lots of money for the roads?

I put my General Store up for sale and want to move to Alberta where I could take part in an economy that's not TAX BASED.

Ted

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG!
I put my General Store up for sale and want to move to Alberta where I could take part in an economy that's not TAX BASED.

Ted

:omg:This coming from a guy living in a log cabin with a lake for a front yard? :( Sometimes you may have to overlook some of the politics and just enjoy the beauty around you. :2tu:
And we thought BC was a better place to live. The wife wants to move to Kamloops. Oh well I guess few people are happy where they are.:)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's not unhappy with where I live, it's unhappy with having about the highest taxes in North America and no decent paying jobs. The Fiberals are giving all our ,money to road and building construction companies and making them rich while maintaining the lowest minimium wage in canada.

Highest taxes should be saved for the richest and most profitable citizens, not normal people that have been legislated out of their jobs.

I love living here, but the Fiberals gave my jobs away to their big corp buddies.

I'd like to make some more money before I retire, and the Fiberals won't let me do it here.

I have a son and daughter live in Kamloops, it's a good place to live now that Van. area is 53% Oriental or East Indian. Here at Nimpo we have a token Oriental and a token Black woman.

I do know of a Lakeshore house being refurbished for sale. Probably under $200K. 2.5 acres ... but I'd be your neighbor and then there'd be TWO Vipers in town. LOL

Ted

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's 50kph over. It's posted along the highways. What does 130mph compute to? 208kph? Just checking in case I want to make a test run on wife's car.:D:D:D:D
Streets in Belleville are like glass and just because I broke traction in 2 gears getting across intersection an OPP thought I was a little hasty getting away from light. Since I didn't get a ticket I didn't argue with him. :drive: Mopar Boy, I notice a lot of your streets and highways are like this. Cheaper to put up signs than to fix streets I guess.....must be hell with a little frost or snow on the pavement.:(

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's 50kph over. It's posted along the highways. What does 130mph compute to? 208kph? Just checking in case I want to make a test run on wife's car.:D:D:D:D
Streets in Belleville are like glass and just because I broke traction in 2 gears getting across intersection an OPP thought I was a little hasty getting away from light. Since I didn't get a ticket I didn't argue with him. :drive: Mopar Boy, I notice a lot of your streets and highways are like this. Cheaper to put up signs than to fix streets I guess.....must be hell with a little frost or snow on the pavement.:(

I stand corrected, thanks. Yah, 208 sounds about right. That's a little (58kph) over the Ontario limit. Sorry about the roads there. At least hwy 20 the potholes are all along the edge and they get repaired often. Must be the Olympics?

OPP got you? That would mean a secondary highway, Right? RCMP, OPP and city cops doesn't necessarily mean a large amount of cops - does it Ron?

I thought the plan in cities was to plow the road ice so that it filled the potholes and made the roads good until spring???

Toronto mayor on Global news last night said that the "Pothole fillers will be working 24 hrs a day filling potholes until they're done."

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stock burps OK sometimnes ... Roe sc'd burps are different.

Ted

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how many cops there are as long as there isn't one near you when you "burp" it.:D:D:D

"Burps" are fine but your car gotta cut out the spicy stuff.The flames are ******* the other cars.LOLIf we get out again i'm gonna have the cameras to try and catch the spicy "burps".LOL

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cruise this saturday for all those that believe that we will hit the plus22 i'm sure a few of the red deer cars will be out.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So there'll be Yellow and Red Red Deer cars? Rams or Vipers? Got 4" new snow today and I heard that you guys got it yesterday?

Ted

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gets cold enough that tuesday evening in red deer the car wanted to fish tail more then often.And of course a truck wanted to race.Lucky enough i had big brother Yellow viper truck there to put him in his place.LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire