Anyone here Know if the black exhaust shield is final??

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the things that I don't like about the evolving detailing on the SRT Viper is the black rectangular high-temp? paint added to the area near the exhaust outlet. I am hoping that this is a temporary fix to avoid discolored paint in that area, as I really think that it hurts the overall look of the car.

I am hoping that there will be either be a round polished aluminum surround like some of the comp coupe pics have, or a solution like a larger diameter pipe inside the sill that the actual exhaust dumps into, this could have a thermal break type of connection that would sufficiently insulate the paint from the heat.

At the very least, I hope they ovalize or round out the black area so it just looks like a larger exhaust opening.

No flames please, I am just looking for some information.

Thank's in advance,
Rick

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK I had a solution and it was buy a black SRT, but I guess that is still falling into the category of a hair restyle for a fat chick.

Should have made the whole thing black like the Gen I.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more, I saw that and thought they should have left the exhaust outlet the way it was. I liked the oval stainles or chrome outlet. The black square area now seems out of place?

Regards,
2Charmed

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In response to the original question, are you SURE that the black panels are an evolution of the SRT that was on show, and not the other way around? Maybe it started with black panels and they changed them to body colored?

Either way, I seriously hope they make them body colored because they just don't look good on a red or silver car.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike - I went back & checked my folder of photos & this is definitely something that has shown up on more recent photos. I think it first showed up on the silver cars that were shown to VCA members at the Arizona proving grounds & it more recently has shown up on the red cars running pre-production on the assembly line, as shown in photos taken there.

I really hope that this is changed to one of the alternate solutions above before final production, or, if it is really only necessary on the silver cars, just use it on the silver cars & leave it off of the red & black ones. (although it really wouldn't be that noticable on the black cars)

JMHO, Rick

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, heat resistant red or silver paint in a spray can, widely available for painting engines, little masking tape, paper, 1 hour max. Simple mod. If you can't find silver, try a marine store. Just a suggestion. I ordered black so no need.