Anyone know the story? (crash pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dec 1st and 2nd TCRA event. Willow Springs. Happened on the 1st during a practice session. Both Vipers, I believe, are from the same team out of Arizona. One was totaled pretty bad, the other not as bad but both were out of commission. Happened at turn 1 and there was contact between the two. Lots of parts afterwards at the pits. Headlights torn off and hoods torn off to get the engine bay open and have a look at the motor. Both drivers were okay. Tough weekend. Cold, wet at times, but really cold and windy.

My friend and I were hanging out with Doug in his garage at the track. Doug invited us in to keep out of the rain and keep our tools and gear dry. Very cool guy. Thanks Doug, we appreciated it.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, I finally got around to watching that video of the Viper crash where the guy lost brakes at 130mph.... Man.... At least the passenger had the sense to recover, tell the driver to turn the ignition off and start to exit... That looked like it hurt!

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the following pictures on Doug Hayashi's Pulp Racing web site.

It appears to be two vipers crashing at Buttonwillow very recently. Does anyone know the story behind it? Doug's summary is very vague, but at least it sounds like no one was injured! I hope both drivers are ok, and wish their cars and wallets a quick recovery.

You must be registered for see images attach

Pulp Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.