Anyone run no cats with no heat shields?

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know there are 1 or 2 that have added holes or cut vents and of course the famous "ice cube sills" but has anyone tried no cats with no heat shield and stock side sills?

Will it kill my paint?

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know there are 1 or 2 that have added holes or cut vents and of course the famous "ice cube sills" but has anyone tried no cats with no heat shield and stock side sills?

Will it kill my paint?
76,000 miles so far. No paint problems at all. I don't remember if there is OEM shielding in the the side sills

OP
OP
M

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"76,000 miles so far. No paint problems at all. I don't remember if there is OEM shielding in the the side sills"

Unless you or someone else took the OEM heat shield out then it will be in there for sure.

Thanks for the response tho

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no cats/no heat sheilds, but I did wrap the exhaust with header wrap, bout 15K miles and no problems. I just had the sills off the other day, and no ill effect from the wrap either.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no cats/no heat sheilds, but I did wrap the exhaust with header wrap, bout 15K miles and no problems. I just had the sills off the other day, and no ill effect from the wrap either.

No cats/shields with coated headers - runs cool

OP
OP
M

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Isn't the average daily temperature in Scotland like ice age kind of stuff? A bazillion below zero minus one?"

:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh: haha it is true!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4