V

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does AP Racing or Wilwood make something for our vipers? Thanks

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to improve the street breaking would go with RaceCar Dave's upgrade. Very noticable and safe improvement. I had also the rear caliper 38mm upgrade but I am was un happy with the result. In addition the modified caliper was leaking ....

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When stoptech was the only choice, i went with that and am quite happy w/ it. If i were doing one today i'd seriously look at Dave's set-up. what i'm not clear on is the total cost. I think the stoptech is 2500ish or 2900ish... for dave's, it is 795. but that is just the brackets, i think. you then need to purchase calipers, rotors, etc... so it is hard to do an apples-to-apples comparison.

can someone who's bought Dave's set-up please spell out the costs involved (or at least the parts needed in addition to Dave's kit)? I might want to pull off the stoptech to do some real-work comparisons... b/c i'm bored and jobless. :)

Joseph

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the Baer 6 pistons from ViperSpeed and move the stock fronts the the back. Great on the track, never had an issue with them, but on the street they always squealed. I'd have to change to different pads if I didn't want the squealing around town.
If I did it again, I think I'd go with the SRT brakes. I think you'll have more choices of pads IF ever needed.

Front wheel, with 14'' rotors.
4030DSC01071-med.JPG

Back wheel,
4030DSC01078-med.JPG

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How about Tom's 40mm rear caliper upgrade. Much Much cheaper and very effective, also drop right in with no modifications. I am very pleased!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang