Asking for help with Gen 1 VIN

Lawyer 4The Lucky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, Viper community. My name is Scott, I handle the affairs of a very eccentric person who had the good fortune of winning the California Lottery at the start of the 1990s. One of his first extravagant purchases was a Viper which he pushed to get one of the first ones available to him. Now in his 70s, getting in and out of cars like this are no longer a joyous way to celebrate his good fortune. I will be thinning out his "treasures" and am removing cars he does not drive from the stable.

I do not know anything about Vipers and have come to the pros for help. Would anyone mind sharing with me any special knowledge about decoding this first year Viper VIN? I will know more about the the miles and condition this week but I am pretty sure I will be offering this car for sale and I do not want to short my client nor do I want to deprive a hopeful Viper owner of getting the correct car advertised.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

Attachments

• E4A20200-1867-4721-B0F8-E3F23CBE95C5.jpeg
    E4A20200-1867-4721-B0F8-E3F23CBE95C5.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 24

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Feel free to give me a call at your leisure.
317 402 9013
There are many things to determine when dealing with these "beginning" Vipers.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, just sent your a private message. When you have the details and price please send me a note. thanks, Mike

OP
OP
L

Lawyer 4The Lucky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to speak with you also. Been getting some attention already. I am going to make sure this car goes to the right home while getting my guy the best price. The owner is kind of a ham and loves telling stories. I really encourage truly interested parties to drive up and look at the car talk with my client man-to-man (or they-to-cis man in case this is a real PC crowd) offer a fair market price with a hearty handshake and express that the car is being purchased as a keeper not a flip. He is old school and this is the way for best results. The car is in Calaveras County. Otherwise I am happy to communicate and cooperate with any serious party through the web!

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Scott,
I am a fellow ‘92 owner (VIN ending in 035 here) and I have been tracking ‘92 Vipers for several years now and maintain a registry for all 285 cars built the first year. If you’d like a little bit of guidance on pricing and help with understanding all of the details that are specific to ‘92 Vipers, feel free to give me a call: 903-452-8231

I work nights right now so it might be later in the afternoon/evening for us to speak but feel free to send me a text if you’d like.

Cheers,
Brad

OP
OP
L

Lawyer 4The Lucky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been up to visit my client and have news that probably isnt great. I will post pictures today. The pictures are not terrible really but the car is no museum piece. With under 30,000 miles the car has been well enjoyed by the man who owns it. None of this is a problem. Cars are meant to be enjoyed and driven. There are some some scuffs, cracks, and chipping in the paint. There is nominal wear and tear on the interior. None of this is a problem.

What is a problem is that this is not a $100,000 car to the buying public but is every bit of a $100,000 car to my client. The idea that he has this car to his name should be understood by members. He is proud to own a first year Viper and the only thing that is going to give him as good of a feeling as owning the first year Viper is him selling it at top market price. I can relate. I have a 1953 Dodge Pickup sitting on my farm in Calaveras County and you can see it from the highway. I get monthly calls from some poor soul who takes the time to research the property owner and call me hoping that I will part with the truck that is just sitting in the field. I wont and I have passed up offers well above what it is actually worth. I just like an old truck in my field.

So, for discussion purposes and for the general knowledge of what is happing with one particular owner who has the means to brush off $70k offers for what is surely a depreciating asset (sorry if I offended some of you), I will post the pictures this afternoon. I respectfully request you refrain from public messages or messages to me telling me he is delusional and out of his mind. I already know this. But he is my client and, above this, a very dear friend so my job is to back his wishes.

Thanks for your time and understanding.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Having had the benefit and privilege of being on a speakerphone call with the owner and Scott yesterday, I fully understand and appreciate the owner's position...as so well articulated in Scott's post.

It can be very hard to part with something one loves...let alone put a price on it that others understand and/or agree with.

Best regards to All !!

Brilly

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
All Viper owners should treat the sale of their Vipers like this owner. These are very special and unique cars. Once in a lifetime car for many many drivers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper