Atlanta raceway vipers.... wow....

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone seen these two videos? Are the drivers part of the VCA?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8pRkhnJ9Eg[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3sQ_2mll9c[/media]

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont know who that is but Road Atlanta is a great technical track and where I went to racing school years ago (Panoz). That turn where he spun is at the botttom of the esses where a lot of speed is carried but is very wide with a lot of curbing which most take all of it with no problem.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see the first video, but if it's the one of the Viper spinning out at turn 1, he was an idiot.

I was at Road Atlanta that day, and the guys had just modified their Vipers and put slicks on them, but had little track experience. Both of them were being too aggressive and making bad decisions all day (blocking people from passing, trying to pass when they shouldn't). The guy came down the bottom straight away, and CLEARLY didn't have room to pass a Vette, but just stayed in it and cut him off in the turn and spun out of control.

Edit: Just got the video to work on Youtube, and that's the one I'm talking about. People were complaining about him and his friend the whole day. I don't know what the hell he was thinking trying to pass that late into the turn.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see the first video, but if it's the one of the Viper spinning out at turn 1, he was an idiot.

I was at Road Atlanta that day, and the guys had just modified their Vipers and put slicks on them, but had little track experience. Both of them were being too aggressive and making bad decisions all day (blocking people from passing, trying to pass when they shouldn't). The guy came down the bottom straight away, and CLEARLY didn't have room to pass a Vette, but just stayed in it and cut him off in the turn and spun out of control.

Edit: Just got the video to work on Youtube, and that's the one I'm talking about. People were complaining about him and his friend the whole day. I don't know what the hell he was thinking trying to pass that late into the turn.

Then whomever was running the track day should have had a talk with the driver. If that didn't calm him down, then he should have been given the boot. That kind of silliness would not be tolerated with the groups I run with.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala