ATTENTION BOARD ENGINEERS/MODERATORS.............................

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have emailed on several occasions to no avail, concerning the difficulty of setting up the signature correctly. I see so many signatures that have gibberish instead of links. I'm the first to admit that my computer skills are weak at best, but I have asked for help on many occasions with no resolve, and I continue to see more and more signatures with the same problem.

Will someone please fix this problem..it makes our board and our individual posts look petty.

Tom

Reaction score
What e-mail did you send to Tom? I have received nothing. I can fix that if I know what e-mail address is non-responsive.

As for the sigs...I'll get the info and let you know. :)

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Tom,

this link will explain the "problem". URL links and e-mail addresses are no longer allowed in signatures so they just look like jibberish :(

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB16&Number=242923&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=

Thing is, I don't see url's being prohibited in the signatures in the posting rules listed at the link below :confused: so I disagee with the move remove URL and email links as an option in signatures and think they should be restored OR the Policy restated to be accurate.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=policies&Number=246224&Main=246224#Post246224

I'm still hoping that the url's will again be allowed in the signatures but for now it's going to look like gibberish.

You can always cut and paste your sig to the end of your posts like so and it looks just like a signature with a url and/or w-mail address. It just takes an extra step to avoid the "jibberish"

--------------------
a search key is a terrible thing to waste
dead.gif

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ElDiablo,

I tried pasting your text and it did not work. As I previously stated, my computer skills need work.

Tony,

I use AOL and aol does not keep sent mail for very long, but its been about 3 weeks since I requested your aid. Please feel free to contact me with help in getting this URL stuff straight.

Thanks,

Tom