August Houston Event

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI in case you don't check your email. Jamie believes he can defy the laws of physics and beat me in a cooler drag race:).
I promise I'll be there for more than 10 minutes of the event this time. Hope to see everyone. This is a fun 'hang out' event.

"Howdy all you Viper Lovers,
I just wanted to pass along the final details for the next Houston VCA event. This one is near and dear to my heart because it is all about BBQ!! So check out the details below and let me know that you are going to be there. Richard Sewell and I will be smoking up some Sliced Texas Beef Brisket, Sugar Maple Pork Ribs, Cilantro Lime Chicken, Smoked Sausage and Pulled Pork. There will also be some potato salad, cole slaw and beans as well as soft drinks and tea. There will be a VERY small charge of $5 per person to help off set the cost of the food. We are also asking for volunteer's to bring appetizers and deserts. So if you are able and willing to bring an appetizer or desert, please let me know and I will put you down. Also, you will be responsible for your own beer/alcohol. But please remember NO GLASS BOTTLES PLEASE!!

When:
Sunday, Aug 14th

Time:
Pool open from 11a to 5p. But Richard and I will be on site at 6a starting the pit. You are welcome to come out and relax with us as early as you want. Lifeguards only on hand from 11a to 5p. So no pool time until then.

Where:
Dad's Club
1006 Voss Road
Houston, TX 77055-6632
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=dad's...1&gl=us&sqi=2&cid=0,0,174322186777757285&z=16

Cost:
$5 per person. Cheap compared to other All You Can Eat BBQ places because ours comes with a swimming pool!!!

What to bring:
Your entire family! We want them all to join us.
Swimsuit/Towels
Folding Chairs
Beer/Alcohol- NO GLASS BOTTLES PLEASE!!!
Cooler w/ice
Sunscreen/Umbrella (not much shade out there)
Floaties/raft for the pool
Anything else that will make you more comfortable

What the club will provide:
Sliced Texas Beef Brisket
Sugar Maple Pork Ribs
Marinated Pulled Pork
Cilantro Lime Chicken
Smoked Sausage
Potato Salad
Cole Slaw
Beans
Wheat/White Bread
BBQ Sauce
Soft Drinks
Tea
Cups/Plates/Plasticware/Napkins

There will be plenty of parking. Probably some motorized cooler racing (I am taking you down Mike Gerdts!!!). Plenty of fun for the entire family. We really hope that you can all join us. If you are planing on being there, I am going to need to know your full head count (including children) by Tues Aug 9th so that we can prepare enought meat for all of you. So please, please, please....let me know asap if you are planning on joing us. This has been a huge success in the past and we want to make it even bigger this year. So please come out and join us. Looking forward to seeing you all there. If there are any questions, please let me know.

Thanks and talk to you soon

--
Houston Viper Club

[email protected]"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235